Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
the lumbar support seems to sack down a little too... unfortunately.

·
Low Is A Lifestyle
4,116 Posts
:/ i wish i had some extra seats to play around with so i could try and make a relay to trick the air bags. i would like to get racing seats, but the air bag problems the only thing holding me back :(
hmmmm

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
I don't see why it wouldn't fit. The only issue is that the 06+ has power passenger seats
No. 05 also has power passenger seat and heated mirrors as well as some other things. 06 has seat memory. I am actually planning to swap the leather on my seats maybe next year when it will wear off a bit more.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i would go aftermarket, (only jdm or recaro built oem), however i would like piece of mind with a few airbags on my side, the leather on the 06-08 seems to be better quality than the 04-05, maybe its just because they haven't been used that much. my rears are mint, but the fronts are cracking, and on top of that i've got that driver's seat play going on...

so no one has actually tried it yet or has concrete info?

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
No. 05 also has power passenger seat and heated mirrors as well as some other things. 06 has seat memory. I am actually planning to swap the leather on my seats maybe next year when it will wear off a bit more.
thx for clarifying..I had no idea that the 05 had the power passenger seat..so it's only 04s that are missing that..heated mirrors don't have any connection though, right?

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
I always wanted to wrap the seats in better leather material, but I think that would probably be ridiculously expensive. Any inputs on this?

·
I love my CL9!
4,068 Posts
If you get the seats reupholstered, would you have to worry about the seat air bags not deploying properly?

·
Banned
3,006 Posts
heated mirrors don't have any connection though, right?
No, I only listed them to show that many features first came on 05 and not 06 TSX.

If you get the seats reupholstered, would you have to worry about the seat air bags not deploying properly?
They should deploy just fine.

As for RSX-S seats, they are a direct swap and are significantly lighter. Then again, leather is not any better and I am not sure about airbags. From what I recall, the airbags won't work. Not sure though.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,037 Posts
RSX seats are not a direct swap. The mounting is all different for the seat base. You could possibly un-mount the Seat base off the tsx and make them fit the rsx seats.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
You read my mind, +1 for the RSX seats if they are swap-able.
My best friend has an RSX with black leather seats. I sit in his car all the time and there is no way the RSX seats are more comfortable than the TSX seats. The leather on the RSX seats wears out faster than the TSX as well.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts