Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I guess the EPA rating of 21/30 isn't so bad these days, but it's way behind a lot of small 4 cylinder cars, and it's a measly 1 mpg ahead of the TL, which is heavier and uses a much bigger engine. What gives?

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
I think my TSX is eating wayyyy to much gas.....Is it me or you guys kinda think so too?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I think it gets good gas mileage for what it is (I get between 23-32MPG depending on seasons, road conditions, and traffic, average is 24.5MPG to 27MPG usually), but using premium fuel is what makes it bad for me. Its getting costly to fill up my TSX these days, all this with a decent 4 cyl engine and its not even a high performance car.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I'm getting 24 on average and 27 was the highest. I do a lot of highway driving and never rev pass 3500 rpm and I'm still disappointed. OH I have 2500 on the Odometer could that be a factor?

·
Carm
44 Posts
Yah, me too. Gas mileage was not what was expected. I'm a little disappointed to be honest. Mind you, my last vehicle was a honda civic sir. And that was a great car on gas!!!!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My gas mileage has been around advertised; about 22mpg around town and 30-31mpg on the highway. It's not bad, but not great either. Especially when you know that the next model up in the Acura line gets the same mileage out of a 3.2L V-6 (and is bigger and heavier to boot).

·
Registered
256 Posts
pocketkiller said:
what's wrong with you guys?...I'm getting my 30 mpg as advertised.
both city and highway miles combine?

·
Registered
256 Posts
pocketkiller said:
yes...80% highway; 20% city
What the?! I do the same driving as you but I'm short of the expect target of 30 mpg....I just hope it will get better as the milage get higher.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
DateTSX said:
What the?! I do the same driving as you but I'm short of the expect target of 30 mpg....I just hope it will get better as the milage get higher.
mine did...especially after 30k mile service.

·
Non-Registered User
1,441 Posts
**** this car is killing me! i'm paying $500 amonth on gas alone! and i'm not even counting parts like brakes, tires etc..

·
Registered
64 Posts
Cyde said:
**** this car is killing me! i'm paying $500 amonth on gas alone! and i'm not even counting parts like brakes, tires etc..
For the amount of miles you drive per month, I would suggest a hybrid.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Cyde said:
I hear you man. My g/f lives 40 min away and I see her maybe 2 or 3 times a week that add up to nearly 500 bucks a month too. Why didn't I buy a hybrid?? :mad:

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
DateTSX said:
I hear you man. My g/f lives 40 min away and I see her maybe 2 or 3 times a week that add up to nearly 500 bucks a month too. Why didn't I buy a hybrid?? :mad:
How about because, at least until very recently, all hybrids were slow and boring?

·
By Appointment Only
172 Posts
This should make all of you feel better, currently I am averaging 18.6 mpg, and have averaged as low as 16 before that.

Then again my drive to work is less than 3 miles, it takes me about 3 minutes to get there, and the drive to my g/f's house is only like 4 miles. I try to take the long way everywhere but I still can't manage to keep my engine running long enough to make it more efficient.

When I finally do get on the highway and drive any significant distance the mpg bumps up to like 28-29 mpg. It's funny because of my driving habits my car actually shows the expected miles on the tank increasing the farther I drive. Nothing like being at home with like 200 miles left on the tank, and then after driving an hour having 300 miles left on the tank.

·
Registered
64 Posts
You mean, now there's a fast and exciting hybrid available?

The point of this thread should be that most people who buy a sport sedan are not getting into it expecting stellar mileage. If that's what you are looking for, you should be looking at econosedans, not sport sedans.

For what it is, I think the TSX gets decent mileage. Don't sweat 1 or 2 extra miles per gallon!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts