Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the 20mm H&R rear sway on my 06 TSX yesterday. It was very easy to install and got it installed in a little over an hour. I didn't have to remove the wheels or anything else, just unbolted the old bar and installed the new one.

Update: After having it for a week I can say that it helped the handling feel more neutral without affecting the comfort. It does not "increase oversteer" or anything that dramatic, but it did reduce the body roll/slop in the rear suspension which has given me more confidence in turns. I am very happy with this bar and I can recommend this to anyone who wants the improvements mentioned above.

The H&R rear bar is 20mm - but this is measured in between the two mounting positions as explained in the video below. So in the weaker position it is effectively 19.5mm and the stronger position, it is 20.5mm. I have it on the weaker setting for now as the rest of my suspension is factory right now but I can say that I doubt there is a huge difference between two settings.

http://youtu.be/0ISNWRMB6c4

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
nice pick up man. i plan to get a new one myself soon. that's a HUGE difference between the stock vs. H&R.

i don't understand the "weaker setting" thing. I've seen post about sway bars being adjustable. how so?
There are different mounting holes that allow the sway bar to have different leverages, thus giving you a "weaker" or "stronger" setting as far as body role is concerned.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.