Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi...i am a proud new owner of a '04 TSX. I got it used 2 days ago and I've noticed one thing that I'm curious about. When I was driving the car back home from the dealer at night, I could barely see the road?! It was like the headlights are aimed down too far...almost like I was driving with just fog lights on. Granted the car has had a suspension kit installed so it is lowered...is this something that just needs to be reangled? I've read other posts about people praising how nice they can see with the HID headlights..I cant see jack that far ahead of me..only really like 2 feet ahead of me. Any suggestions, Im prob going to call the dealer and see if they could check them for me. kinda scary not seeing the contour on the road until you get really close to it... thanks!

·
Registered
21 Posts
that is definitely wrong. you should have awesome visibility at night for quite a distance ahead, and also along the sides of the road. definitely make the dealer fix it.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Well, First off if you can take a picture from inside the car, we can tell i f there attcually mal-angled... Chances are, they prob are not, when I first had the car, it drove me nuts for a while, drove around w/ my brights on for a while attcually lol, but eventally got used to it, and I can attcually see everything now, kinda weird, But if u really feel that there too low, look in your owners manual, theres a big thing on how to fix the angle of the headlights,

Pull up to about 15 ft, from a Vertical wall, pop the hood, you can then adjust the angle using a phillips screwdriver, Just look in the owners manual

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Why dont u take a picture first, so we can see where ur lights are at, If you aim them too high ur gonna have some problems and blind everyone on the road

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I'd suggest bringing it back to your local dealership to get the headlights re-aligned to "factory specifications". Your lowering may have altered the beam dispersion angle.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i didnt get a change last night to get a pic but im dropping it off tomorrow morning to get it fixed at the dealership....hopefully it will make all the difference in the world...well see

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well i got my car back from the dealer...he said my lights were in fact within spec but he mentioned that some aftermarket part was added to my lights that made the light a different color thus i guess making it appear dimmer ( that make any sense?) he wasn't specific in what exactly he just said the HID bulb appears still OEM but he said the assembly was possibly replaced to make the light a different color...i really dont have any idea guess ill have to do some research...my car i bought is used and has had some aftermarket things done to it so maybe i just need to see how i can get these lights back to factory....well see

·
Registered
169 Posts
i have my car dropped about 2inches and it lights up fine just like it was at oem height

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
integor95 said:
well i got my car back from the dealer...he said my lights were in fact within spec but he mentioned that some aftermarket part was added to my lights that made the light a different color thus i guess making it appear dimmer ( that make any sense?) he wasn't specific in what exactly he just said the HID bulb appears still OEM but he said the assembly was possibly replaced to make the light a different color...i really dont have any idea guess ill have to do some research...my car i bought is used and has had some aftermarket things done to it so maybe i just need to see how i can get these lights back to factory....well see

:worthless:

Get it?...then we can tell you how to fix ur problem :thumbsup:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok...got some pics...most of them didn't come out well because I dont have a mount for my camera while i am driving so all of those came out very blurry. here are the two best one's but after at looking at them your prob wondering what im smoking since they look bright taken from the camera (no im not going blind) i saw another tsx tonight and i noticed his lights are much fuller/brighter than mine and extending far ahead of the car. i guess my question is if infact my lights are "tinted" a smoke color as the dealer put it...what exactly would i need to get it back to stock.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Those are defenutly not aligned properly... way outta wack... ill try and find a real picture for ya

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
yours

Factory

Barrowed this one from TRU... :D

thats the way the TSX should be...your headlights way out of spec on an off angle, go back to Acura give them this pic even if you'd like, have em pull a TSX next to yours and adjust the angle accordingly...

1 - 20 of 37 Posts