Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It looks like I'll have the chance to drive my new TSX in some snow later this weekend. I'm driving up to New Jersey on Sunday night and the weather is supposed to be lousy. The FWD setup and VSA will be helpful, but the tires don't seem like they're designed for real winter use despite being "all season." Any opinions?

·
Registered
91 Posts
I drove in about 4 inches of snow two or three weeks ago. I had no probelms except when I tried to get up a hill (I had to back back down)

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
The Sporty Xtra said:
It looks like I'll have the chance to drive my new TSX in some snow later this weekend. I'm driving up to New Jersey on Sunday night and the weather is supposed to be lousy. The FWD setup and VSA will be helpful, but the tires don't seem like they're designed for real winter use despite being "all season." Any opinions?
I live in NJ and have Dunlop Winter Sport M2s on 16" steel wheels.

So it depends where in NJ you're driving to, and when. Unlike Washington DC (at least when I was down there), the Maryland, Delaware and New Jersey Departments of Transportation own snow plows and salt trucks and they do use them in snow storms.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
Does any one know or have the link to the snow tire concept ? ie smaller wheel is better.. its based on some physics.. i like to read about it..

·
Registered
162 Posts
the OEM tires works OK for me in Toronto's winter...but sometimes I have to shut the VSA to get going form heavy snow...Snow tire would help a lot....:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts