1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Joker said:
Wow, look at that shine!! Looks great!
Any plans for tint?
I wasn't planning on it, but if the black interior gets too hot this summer, I might reconsider.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Fantastic!

These are particularly great, but y'know, I think us TSX'ers in general are unusually good with these pics. (Doesn't include me, of course -- I'm still in the stone age. :D ) I never appreciated how uniformly good the pics on the TSX sites are until we started that "wow cars" thread and I went on other car sites looking for pics. I gotta say, honestly, none of the sites for other cars had anywhere near the quality of shots that the TSX sites have. In most cases I had to look at literally dozens of pics before I found one that was good enough. On the TSX sites, you could almost pick one blindfolded and do all right. I'm sure there are a lot of other cars whose sites tend to have great pics too. But there are an awful lot that don't.

But of course some of the TSX pics are even greater than most. And these two are gems. Kite, you got a great car, and a great eye.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
Nice shots, Kite. The first picture looks like a work of art. :nod:

What kind of wax did you use?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
Beautiful pics :thumbsup:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
Very nice pictures, nice color TSX, gotta love the Toronto skyline! I really want to move to Toronto!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Darn it:

Would members of this forum please stop posting pictures of dark colored TSXs please! Everytime I see one I get so enamored of dark TSXs. But having owned a black car before and knowing what a nightmare it is to keep clean,I cannot go back to owning a black car again.

Or can I?

That top picture is a beauty. :bowdown:

PS. Is there a way someone can photoshop that top picture and make the car silver instead of dark indigo blue? Is that possible to do with Photoshop? I would be great to see the difference between the two colors.

Thanks you.

Carlos

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,003 Posts
kiteboy

Great looking pix, hell even your car looks good! :eek:

Somehow I thought you had the ground effects kit?
Are you happy with the OEM wheels?

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No ground effects, just the spoiler and mudguards. I like the OEM wheels - they look good, complement the chrome trim on a dark car, and are easy to maintain (not too many spokes and crevices to clean).

Carlos, here's a pic of my car at a meet last year. I had a tough time deciding between blue and silver, as well. I decided blue was way less common.

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kiteboy:

Nice picture will all the other TSXs.

Is your car lowered somewhat? It looks lower that the silver one to your right. I dont know if it may be the angle.

That is a very dark blue. It almost looks black. I wish we had that color in the US.

Kite, you are really tempting me with that last picture. I had made up my mind that I will never own black again. Yet the TSX looks more substatial in the black or dark blue than the other colors. Also, the door handle aluminum trim stands out much more than in the other colors in that picture. Darn it :(

·
Registered
332 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Larch, NYIAS would have been fun. I hope you enjoyed it.

Carlos, my car isn't lowered. In that pic it's parked a few inches behind the silver car, which is why looks lower. The blue is as difficult to maintain as a black car would be. It actually looks purple under certain lights as well. I love the colour when the car is clean, and I accept the fact that it doesn't look great when dirty. I usually need to wash it once a week and I'm always checking the weather forecast to determine the optimal day to wash it.

It wouldn't seem like it, but red is pretty easy colour to maintain. I had a Milano Red Civic before the TSX. When clean, it looks super, and when slightly dirty, it doesn't look too bad either.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Kiteboy:

That picture of your car along the other TSX's also reminds me why I want a black car. I do not like those factory sideskirts (I dont know if this is the proper terminology) that the TSX comes with. With the black, they are much less pronounced and noticeable.

Also, I am not in love with the back styling of the car. Too square and reminds me too much of a civic. But on the black, the back of the car is much more palatable. I actually like it.

THanks for posting the pictures to compare the colors.

Carlos

1 - 17 of 17 Posts