Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any ideas on what it could be? I've been told that it's the clutch throw out bearing, but I am still unsure since I'm new to driving manual. The noise stops when the clutch pedal is pressed in, but returns as soon as you release it. The noise also follows sound with engine revs as well, and sounds like bad "rod knock" when revved up.

I also have not had this car long. Initially when it was purchased, it was making the same sound already. However, the dealer said they would "fix" it. A few days later, I went to pick it up and the noise was gone, but it came back a few days later when I started it up in the morning for work. Do not know what kind of shoddy work they did, but most likely nothing beneficial to the car.

I had already checked the tensioners, valve rockers, and timing chain underneath the valve cover which all seemed to be in good condition, not loose or broken.

Here's what it sounds like

·
Registered
906 Posts
If it goes away when you press the clutch in I'm going to agree with throw out bearing. Maybe get a car stethescope and see if you can pinpoint the noise better?

There really isn't a way to fix it without pulling the trans so if the dealer said they'd fix it take it back and make them pull the trans and replace it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the reply and help. Appearently it was something with the flywheel and clutch. The guy who fixed it explained that it was just a broken bolt that attached the flywheel and pressure plate. Luckily, I was given a new clutch and flywheel installed in the car and the sound has not come back since then.

I've driven it over a few days to break in the new clutch and after 5 days (~90 miles) of normal driving, I ran it all the way to 7,000rpm just to see and test. All's good in my book for now. happy vtec sounds😀

1 - 3 of 3 Posts