Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
05 TSX Need motor mounts... first is this a common thing ? according to acura 3 of my motor mounts are broken ... So since clearly the oem ones are garbage any other recommendations for upgrading them? (Off topic I owned a BMW e46 M3 from new to 189k miles never had a issue with motor mounts...) My TSX only has 129k miles and its not driven nearly as hard as I drove my M3 and my TSX is stock at the moment. So any recommendations would be appreciated thanks as always in advance guys.

·
" It Is What It Is "
7,490 Posts
I had to replace my motor mounts at 27k miles so clearly there is some kind of a defect ... I had Acura replace them again and we went half on parts and labor so it worked out for me and haven't had any issues since then... I say go oem

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
Mine wore out at 67k. I went with innovative mounts 85a because I got them off a member here for a good price. If I had to do it again I would have went with 65a or 75a because unless the 85a are hott they will shake the shit outta the dash.

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Premium Member
8,413 Posts
Innovative Mounts :tu:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Whatever you do, don't get the Autozone mounts, I replaced my rear today... Regardless, tomorrow I'm getting an OEM one to replace it with. It might as well be a solid chunk of metal, the car vibrates like its a 70's muscle car.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
They do that when they are new no matter which ones you get from what I understand.

·
What to put here...
1,050 Posts
They do that when they are new no matter which ones you get from what I understand.

Not exactly true - My "Anchor" brand mounts started like that. And are still like that. Very uncomfortable. Stick with OEM, or, know that a harder rubber (like Innovative, etc...) WILL have compromises in the comfort department.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts