Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 126 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats going on everyone. Just got my TSX a few weeks ago and I love it, but it needs some love thats for sure!!

The car is a Navi and 6MT.

A few things the car needs:

Clutch Master Cylinder!!!
Slave Cylinder!!
Brakes(rotors and pads)
NAVI disc

Anyways, this is the build/rebuild/restore thread of the car :)

What I am coming from:

Sold it as I started in Real Estate again and well 2 seats isn't enough lol The other good thing is I have no car payment again! But, I really really miss this s2000. This was my second one and I thought I'd keep this one forever!!

Today I did the headlights as they were in terrible shape!!

Process:

Removed lights
Brief cleaning
Wet sand 1000 grit
Wet sand 1500 grit
Wet sand 2000 grit
Wet sand 2500 grit
Polished with Meguiars M105
Polished with Meguiars M205
Final Polish with Poorboy SSR1
Final Coat Wolfgang Plastic Sealant

Before photos

After wet sanding 1000

After wet sanding 2500

Finished!!

Ignore the pitted to hell frontend!!!

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
im assuming you used a buffer for the polishing, did you use a DA or a rotary?
looks great!!!!!
Yup, DA. Its a Porter Cable I got at Lowes years ago when they clearanced them out. Got it for like 40-45 bucks.

Great Job.

Damn that s2k was clean, But hey great start on the restoration!
Thanks man! I loved the car. I had the car forsale(just like in the pics) but a few months ago we got a pretty bad hail storm and she was hit pretty badly. Estimated 3500 to fix, but I know it would have been more. So, I took the check and sold it as is, to me for a great price.

Clayed, polished, waxed the roof, trunk and pillars yesterday. Just got in from doing the rest of the car. Looks way shinier, but the car is still scratched to hell. Got all swirls out, but there are so many deep straight line scratches!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Great S2k, im pretty sure I have been in contact with you over the forums, s2ki. I had the Moonrock Grey S2000 restoration a while back. And now recently picked a TSX myself.

Great job on the headlights, I actually use the same exact process and products too, well I used to lol.

For me, doing 1000-1500-3000grit DA sanding works best and I just leared that using the Meguiars Red cutting foam pad+SSR1 works out perfectly to cut the plasitc, and leave no haziness and no need for polishing either. But this only works with a rotary. My G110 won't have enough power to do that in one step lol

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
whats up man!! Yup we have been talking on s2ki.

I looked at my subscriptions and saw this thread had a new post. Looked at the user name and did a double take! In my head I said "no way, this dude is on s2ki"

I did steal your process and it worked out great! I never did get the s2k headlights done, sold it before I got to it.

Too funny man! What year TSX did you get?

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Changed the oil and trans fluid tonight.

I've heard it was an unfun experience, but everyone is crazy. It was to simple....not sure what all the fuss is about. The only semi stupid part was the location, cause it just dropped oil on a few things.

Took me less then 15 seconds to find the oil filter and ten seconds to figure out the drain and fill bolts for the trans.

Overall, super easy night of maintenance work. Has semi removed some of the reverse grind I have. Hopefully after more driving it will go away more. If not, new cmc and slave cylinder will be ordered.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Haha you did better job that I did.

Mine is a 04 with Automatic transmission. Really want to get back in a S but I also am putting money in the TSX so idk lol.

I also have done a dull fluod flush alread. EBC rotors, hp+ pads, SS lines. Tein SSP, HFP wheels lol. Lots of mods to make it handle better.I would recommend put in the TL-S rsb to begin with. Very cheap yet noticeable difference.

I'll post a build thread soon too. Now I dont feel so lonely anymore haha

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Local craigslist I found this. 40 bucks, but I am in savings mode so I just said, the older 2011 disc will do fine for now. I wont have the car for forever, and if I keep it for a long time, I will put a carpc in it :)

1 - 20 of 126 Posts