Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sup?

I bought last dec '11 my TSX from my local dealer.

The thing is my car is about to hit 5000 km (yes KM, car bought and used in mexico). Acura states that the oil change intervals should be every 10,000 km.... to me that seems too much kilometers.

What are your usual oil change intervals? what do u suggets? should I go to the stealership and ask only for my oil change?

·
Bardi
1,346 Posts
I run full synthetic Mobil 1 myself. I change my oil every 5000 miles (8000 km). I have done this for the last 80K miles. It all depends on your style of driving, oil brand/type, and the gasoline quality you use. I have tried squeezing more miles out of the oil change, but my MPG drops quite a bit. This is how I new that 5k is the right amount for me.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
1st gens say 10,000 miles in the manual.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
How much do you guys pay for oil anyways?

As for me I change my oil about 3-5k miles.
Honda charges $8-$9 per quart of their full synthetic. Other synthetics are similar in price.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
I follow the maintenance minder (oil life). Either use regular or semi-syn oil. My tsx has 139,000+ miles.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I follow the maintenance minder (oil life). Either use regular or semi-syn oil. My tsx has 139,000+ miles.
That's only ~5k miles, which contradicts the manual. That "minder" is annoying.

·
Registered
62 Posts
That's odd, its more like 7k miles for me and there is no specification in the manual. And the only way it can be "annoying" would be if you ignored it. As best as I can determine it is based on a max of 7400 miles and/or 12 months. If you drive hard on a regular basis, it will turn on earlier.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
That's odd, its more like 7k miles for me and there is no specification in the manual. And the only way it can be "annoying" would be if you ignored it. As best as I can determine it is based on a max of 7400 miles and/or 12 months. If you drive hard on a regular basis, it will turn on earlier.
Definitely not 7400 miles nor close to 12 months for me and I don't drive a lot. And not the owner's manual, the official maintenance manual form Acura. Says every 10,000 miles or 1 year. IIRC, the owner's manual doesn't say shit about it.

·
Autobahn Stormer
434 Posts
What are your usual oil change intervals? what do u suggets? should I go to the stealership and ask only for my oil change?
20,000KM / 12,430 Miles or 12 months. Whichever comes first.

what do u suggets? should I go to the stealership and ask only for my oil change?
This is what I use for my car: http://www.ebay.com (ACEA A3-04/B4-04 ; API SM/CF; BMW Longlife-98 ; Opel GM-LL-B-025 ; MB 229.3 ; Porsche A40 ; VW 502 00/505 00)

My car is maintained at a Honda Dealership, but I bring my own parts to replace the old ones.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dlr suggests no more than 7500 miles on full synthetic (in my V6.) Maintenance minder doesn't seem to be able to differentiate between full synthetic and regular/non synthetic oil, so I ignore the "oil life" indication. Therefore, I go by the last service record mileage and change out at 7000 mile intervals.

·
Registered
332 Posts
Anyones thats gone over have you noticed your car starting harder? Mine seems to now and the oil life is at 20%. Guess i should start doing it at 30%. I keep meaning to but the tsx is so much harder to get under then my lifted suv.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts