Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what do you guys and gals think.. i knows it a big question that has come up.. (p.s. im down to only needing 1800 for my TSX hehehe)

oooo4 :buttkick:

Ohh and my vote is for the TSX
My freind says the RSXs
this is why im asking... lol help us settle this dispute

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
well...for starters... what are you looking for? Sporty, luxury, etc.?
You want speed?
You want 2 doors or 4 doors...
etc.

A little more info would help. :nod:

·
Registered
220 Posts
I have both and each has it own characteristics. I paid roughly $4500 more for my TSX than the RSX-S but to me it is such a huge jump in luxury & refinement. Stock for stock the TSX is not much slower that the RSX-S. Better aftermarket support for the RSX-S.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
miner said:
I have both and each has it own characteristics. I paid roughly $4500 more for my TSX than the RSX-S but to me it is such a huge jump in luxury & refinement. Stock for stock the TSX is not much slower that the RSX-S. Better aftermarket support for the RSX-S.
Yea depends if you are leaning more towards the racing side, or more interested in a sporty car that you can also relax in and cruise with friends.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
how old are ya may i ask ?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
ride: TSX > RSX
I'm not sure about overall control...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
idk i felt safer in the TSX then being in my freind RSX just overall in the curves it felt like i had more control, one time the skid protection came on when i was going a little to fast... the saleguy was like hmm that was fun and i just gave him a grim of enjoyment.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
pocketkiller said:
RSX has better handling and is faster
Handling? No ... McPherson struts suspension setup cannot touch the double wishbone suspension setup. Know why Honda went back to double wishbone when they started using McPherson?

Faster? Only out of the box, because of lighter weight. Otherwise, engine specifications are almost identical.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
well the TRQ is better on the TSX .. HP isnt crap without TRQ to back it up... and i looked at the compression and gear ration and the TSX is somewhat better tuned.. am i getting hot or am i way cold

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
PeteAU04 said:
well the TRQ is better on the TSX .. HP isnt crap without TRQ to back it up... and i looked at the compression and gear ration and the TSX is somewhat better tuned.. am i getting hot or am i way cold
I think you want a TSX ;)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
so am i getting hot or cold.. these engines are soo not my style... i grew up around a Dodge dealership, and euro cars...... honda is well soemthing i thought i would never want.. but yea this car is just to amazing to pass up

·
Registered
27 Posts
I traded in my 02 rsx type s for a 05 tsx and I must say that I dont really notice and difference in speed. I think they are about the same. However the interior and ride comfort is a lot better in the tsx. The tsx feels more solid. I must say that the rsx more exciting to drive, especially when the i-vtec kicks in at about 5900 rpm's.

By the way how come you cant hear the vtec kick in on the tsx?

I've been wondering this since I owned the tsx.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.