Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a quote for $30,800 for a 2005 CG, ebony auto with navigation. That is the out of door price (which already includes all the misc. fees and cost). Is that a good price or should I be able to get a better price? Thanks!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
I think you should be able to negotiate a lower price by about $2k from that price quote. Where are you located and what else is included in the price?

i.e. spoiler, wheel locks, metal trim kit, etc.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, starting sticker price was $28,200, but after you include all the misc. fees and costs, it came out to approx. $30,800. I tried negotiating and getting 2000 off sticker, but they wouldn't budge. They wouldn't even budge on getting the out-of-door price down to $30,000. Considering demand and supply, this is an ok deal, right?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
You need to tell us something else: Is STATE SALES TAX included in that price?

As I've mentioned before, this is a problem in general in evaluating people's "OTD" prices. A lot of states don't have any sales tax, some have just a little, and some have A LOT. And while we like to think that "OTD" is a pretty clear thing, it's not -- not only because of the differing sales taxes in different states, but because some people include the tax in the OTD and others don't. It's not their fault -- it's that there just isn't any clear definition of "OTD."

Unless and until there will be a clear definition, it would be better if people would routinely say when their "OTD" price includes state tax, because if they don't, it will look like they're getting ripped off.

My guess would be that this includes a fair amount of state tax, in which case it might be a very good price.

If it doesn't, I would basically agree with AC although I think $2K less would be too optimistic. I'd say more like 1K less.

P.S. I thought sticker for that car is more than what you said: $28,990. At least that's the official figure.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
larchmont said:
You need to tell us something else: Is STATE SALES TAX included in that price?

As I've mentioned before, this is a problem in general in evaluating people's "OTD" prices. A lot of states don't have any sales tax, some have just a little, and some have A LOT. And while we like to think that "OTD" is a pretty clear thing, it's not -- not only because of the differing sales taxes in different states, but because some people include the tax in the OTD and others don't. It's not their fault -- it's that there just isn't any clear definition of "OTD."

Unless and until there will be a clear definition, it would be better if people would routinely say when their "OTD" price includes state tax, because if they don't, it will look like they're getting ripped off.

My guess would be that this includes a fair amount of state tax, in which case it might be a very good price.

If it doesn't, I would basically agree with AC although I think $2K less would be too optimistic. I'd say more like 1K less.

P.S. I thought sticker for that car is more than what you said: $28,990. At least that's the official figure.

Hi larchmont! Sorry for the ambiguity, so let me clearify things. First, I'm in California. The quoted price given was $28,200 (I think that's a pretty good considering market sticker is approx. 29,000). But after you add sales tax, license and all the other fees, the total sales price is 30,800 (OTD). Furthermore, with $5k down over 48 months @ 2.9APR, they're quoting $571 for monthly payments. How does that quote from the dealer sound now? Is that better, close, or not as good as what people on the forum are paying? Thanks for all your help. Oh yeah, Merry Christmas to all! :wavey:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
We can answer better if you say how much of that amount is sales tax.....

It's seeming like that might actually be a good price.

Larchmont, who says we always have to make sure about that sales tax thing before we judge a price.
For some reason most of us rarely think of that.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
OK.....according to that info, looks like the state sales tax is somewhere between ~$2000-2400.

Looks like his deal is darn good after all.

·
Registered
180 Posts
goowakjai said:
Well, starting sticker price was $28,200, but after you include all the misc. fees and costs, it came out to approx. $30,800. I tried negotiating and getting 2000 off sticker, but they wouldn't budge. They wouldn't even budge on getting the out-of-door price down to $30,000. Considering demand and supply, this is an ok deal, right?
I paid 27,700 for my 05 TSX w/ nav and auto. This also included mud guards, wheel locks, and trunk tray. OTD price including 8.25% sales tax in Southern California, registration and a $45 doc processing fee was $30,273. It took about 3 minutes of "negotiating" over the phone to get this price.

TSXs aren't that rare in California. You could do better. But, then again, $30,800 OTD is also a good deal, IMO.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi. I'm new here and I just went to the dealer earlier today. I'm looking to buy a TSX soon so I can hand down my 02 Accord SE to my brother. I wanted a black 05 with no nav but they didn't have any at the moment. The sales rep offered 28,350 for satin silver with nav and I also live in SoCal. I'm still shopping around to see if I can find one for a lower price, and the color I want. I'll post if I find anything lower.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
EmblemR said:
Hi. I'm new here and I just went to the dealer earlier today. I'm looking to buy a TSX soon so I can hand down my 02 Accord SE to my brother. I wanted a black 05 with no nav but they didn't have any at the moment. The sales rep offered 28,350 for satin silver with nav and I also live in SoCal. I'm still shopping around to see if I can find one for a lower price, and the color I want. I'll post if I find anything lower.
That's a pretty good deal. $1250 off is nothign to scoff at. I highly doubt you can get more than $100 more off if you can even get that.

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
EmblemR said:
welcome :wavey: emblemR

consider getting the nav.

·
Registered
64 Posts
This is my first post to this site. I have been reading threads since I bought my TSX.
I think this is a good price. I bought 2005 CG/Quartz/Nav over christmas. Car was $28,200 + $200 for protection package = $28,400. I live in Sothern California, sales tax is 7.75%. Total out the door was $31,000 including all fees and taxes. Also, I got free oil changes for the life of the car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I just ordered an '05 ABP/nav/6sp for $29000-- which includes all-season mats, trunk tray, splash guards, wheel locks, and fog lights - installed. Total OTD price with 1946.00 of tax, title, license, and fees is $30,946. Sales tax here is 6%.

Here's the kicker...it won't be here until April! Supposedly Acura doesn't start production of the ABP color until January 21st.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Hello, and welcome to the Club eyedoc_00 :wavey:

Joker - who is very happy to see more SoCal member's :D

·
Registered
40 Posts
Joker said:
Congrats in advance Master47!! Can't wait to see pic's when you get her :thumbsup:

Thanks! I will post some pics, especially since it will be spring and the weather will be nice, etc. I have to rationalize the wait somehow...I'm foregoing the winter weather/salt...yea that's it.

G

·
This is my first post here...I just got my TSX Navi over christmas...i was after a 2005 but being at the dealer i was offered the last brand new 2004 they got..knowing the small differences from one year to the other I decided to go after this at invoice price: $26500 ($29000 out of the door). The 2005 offer was $28000 plus taxes (San Francisco area goes to 8.25% plus license and fees). Believe me, this area dealers are not giving up anything better than that !

1 - 20 of 34 Posts