Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to purchase the 2004 TSX in Meteor silver or artic blue. I can't decide on the black or gray interior and should i get a metal trim kit? I'm looking for one with the kit on the spoiler, body spoiler, automatic, no navi, all season floor mats, fog lights, moonroof visor. How much would this car cost in NYC or the NY area? Does anyone have any info on the cheapest price for this car? Which rims comes stock? Thanks

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
Gouki said:
I'm looking to purchase the 2004 TSX in Meteor silver or artic blue. I can't decide on the black or gray interior and should i get a metal trim kit? I'm looking for one with the kit on the spoiler, body spoiler, automatic, no navi, all season floor mats, fog lights, moonroof visor. How much would this car cost in NYC or the NY area? Does anyone have any info on the cheapest price for this car? Which rims comes stock? Thanks
picture to see standard rims

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2004/acu...res/VEHICLE/2004/Acura/100278144/022595-T.jpg

$1000 off MSRP is standard. Good negotiators have been known to get $1500-2000 off. I can't help you out with the price of those options you mentioned. If you want all those, the best price would probably be the MSRP which is $27,035 (no navi, although I would highly recommend getting the NAVI as it comes with other things like trip computer etc.). I would tell the dealer you are willing to pay MSRP if you can get all those things you mentioned installed. I would suggest searching these forum for older posts before you make any deals. You've already done the right thing by coming here to research before buying.

Can someone who got these dealer installed options kick in with your pricing information?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Nice answer by PK. I didn't reply myself because it seemed like there were just too many variables, but PK nailed it pretty well.

I think the NY area is tougher than most for getting a good deal on a TSX -- at least that's how it was at the beginning, and as far as I know it stayed that way for some time. I just don't know how it's been most recently, but I'd guess that you should be glad to get $1000 off MSRP or even a few hundred off.

And, as PK said: Anybody know more about those options?

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
larchmont said:
Nice answer by PK. I didn't reply myself because it seemed like there were just too many variables, but PK nailed it pretty well.

I think the NY area is tougher than most for getting a good deal on a TSX -- at least that's how it was at the beginning, and as far as I know it stayed that way for some time. I just don't know how it's been most recently, but I'd guess that you should be glad to get $1000 off MSRP or even a few hundred off.

And, as PK said: Anybody know more about those options?
I bought my TSX in JAN 04 for $1300 off msrp. Edmunds TMV price for most areas is $1000 off msrp (I used NYC zip code for the quote). You can get some good deals, just depends how long you are willing to wait. In Larch's case, no waiting at all....for me ~ 3 weeks.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
pocketkiller said:
......In Larch's case, no waiting at all....for me ~ 3 weeks.
Actually I did have to wait, and exactly the same amount of time. I guess I gave the impression that I got it right away because of the breathless way I've spoken about it, but......The story was that the fastest you could possibly get a TSX around here at the time (the very beginning, April 2003) was about 3 weeks, and that was only if you were willing to be severely limited in choice of color, and (I suspect, although unsubstantiated) only if you didn't bargain.

·
The Voice of Reason
1,481 Posts
Gouki said:
Got $1000 off sticker about 9 months ago, and they threw in the trunk tray, mudflaps, wheel locks, and window etching for "free".

(I'm not a particularly vicious negotiator. I mean, I may live in the NYC area but I'm not actually IN NY, like Larch :) )

I bought the fog lights, cassette player and winter mats separately at a discount and installed them myself. I also hard-wired things for my Valentine-1, laser jammer and police scanner while I had the dashboard apart. Miraculously, there are still no rattles! I also had the 3M stoneshields applied and bought a second set of Dunlop snow tires on 16" V6 LX Accord steel rims. (It's lots of fun running circles around SUVs in the snow!)

The car has yet to make it back to my dealer's user-friendly, pastel-decorated, Cappuccino-maker equipped Acura service department.

The best price in the NY area is now undoubtedly much better than 9 months ago but not as much as on the vastly improved 2005s will be in 3 months. :)

At the time, Brooklyn Acura bid the best price in the area.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
bob shiftright said:
...not as much as on the vastly improved 2005s will be in 3 months. :)
So, where is your proof that the 2005 will be vastly improved? I call BS.

Honda might give it a some slight cosmetic changes, different wheels and XM radio but I seriously doubt it will be more than that. This is Honda's typical method of operation.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
larchmont said:
You missed his smiley. :)

Yeah, I saw that and typed "or you just trying to be funny?" but deleted it. He should have used a ;).

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
BTW I don't know about "vastly improved," but I would bet a couple of poloponies :D that the '05 TSX will be more significantly changed than most people think.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
larchmont said:
BTW I don't know about "vastly improved," but I would bet a couple of poloponies :D that the '05 TSX will be more significantly changed than most people think.
I'll take that bet. :kiss:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
HondaMan said:
I'll take that bet.
OK, let's start getting specific. :D

How much improved (or not) do you think it'll be?
I think it'll have at least a couple of new features. I also think it'll have some extra power, but let me hold that back for now. rrrrrrrrr6

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
larchmont said:
I also think it'll have some extra power, but let me hold that back for now. rrrrrrrrr6
Rumor has it that a turbo TSX is in the works, but you did not hear that from me ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
larchmont said:
OK, let's start getting specific. :D

How much improved (or not) do you think it'll be?
I think it'll have at least a couple of new features. I also think it'll have some extra power, but let me hold that back for now. rrrrrrrrr6
What I listed above is all they will do. A few extra ponies is a (slim) possibility as well, but a turbo is highly unlikely! Has Honda ever sold a production car here with a turbo...NOPE! :jeffy:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
HondaMan said:
What I listed above is all they will do. A few extra ponies is a (slim) possibility as well, but a turbo is highly unlikely! Has Honda ever sold a production car here with a turbo...NOPE! :jeffy:
Let's see.....here's what he said:

....some slight cosmetic changes, different wheels and XM radio....

Actually I wouldn't have thought it would have those things, but I'd bet a couple of poloponies that it will have at least a couple of other things.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
larchmont said:
Let's see.....here's what he said:

....some slight cosmetic changes, different wheels and XM radio....

Actually I wouldn't have thought it would have those things, but I'd bet a couple of poloponies that it will have at least a couple of other things.
Well, like what exactly? I'm guessing so you might as well too! :p

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
HondaMan said:
Well, like what exactly? I'm guessing so you might as well too! :p
Not in order to WIN I don't, right? :D
The question was whether it will or won't be "more significantly changed than most people think." :D :D

I'll just stick with that. :D :D :D :D

After all, I already went way out on a limb and said it'll have "at least a couple of other things."

OK, unofficially:

(1) Power passenger seat
(2) Memory driver seat

......and.....(drumroll).....

(3) $800 extra on MSRP

Hey, that's THREE!!! :party:

·
Registered
30 Posts
larchmont said:
Not in order to WIN I don't, right? :D
The question was whether it will or won't be "more significantly changed than most people think." :D :D

I'll just stick with that. :D :D :D :D

After all, I already went way out on a limb and said it'll have "at least a couple of other things."

OK, unofficially:

(1) Power passenger seat
(2) Memory driver seat

......and.....(drumroll).....

(3) $800 extra on MSRP

Hey, that's THREE!!! :party:
I'll take #1 & #2, but I'll pass on #3!

·
Registered
40 Posts
larchmont said:
OK, unofficially: