Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i been getting some puddles in my car and doing some online searches and research. Found basically that people were seeing a leak coming from within the door panel. So i got the chance to take it off today and behold i find what there talking about. There is a sticky, butyl tape, like glue that holds a moisture barrier that keeps water in the door. From what i found, its actually coming from the small holes on the outside of that plastic where the pushpins from the panel push into. i was able to reseal the plastic and apply a seal around the holes where the pushpins go into. i havent been able to test it yet but here are some pics of what im talking about...

in the last image you can even see trails of the water drops.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I don't suppose you could highlight for clarification? I'm at my wit's end with water in the rear floorboards. I suspect I may have a similar issue. Were you able to verify a fix? All I have read is that it has to do with the plastic liner not properly sealing the door to keep the water from flowing into the cabin. My problem is that I'm not certain I see the "paper trail"

·
Registered
126 Posts
I had the same puddles on the rear floor. After reading this forum, I was led to believe the trunk alignment was the issue. I asked the dealer to check this, and they tightened the rear tail lamps. No water since. You may want to look into this as well.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Tightened the tail lamps how? I've been to the local dealer and they were less than useful and they charged me 130 bucks and did basically nothing. I'm on the verge of getting rid of this car if I can't fix this. I've checked the trunk where the spare tire is and it's dry. the carpet doesn't get wet on the top (that I've noticed to date), but on the floorboards underneath and it seems to be coming from the rear, so I'm hoping it's the stupid plastic liner in the door panel. I plan to check it my next day off. And it should be raining the day after that....

·
Registered
126 Posts
I was as fed up with the water issue as you Honda4life. Search the forum, there are several threads and it seems these cars may leak from multiple places. There is one thread labeled Water Leak Rear Floor that lead me to ask my dealer to check the tail lights. I had to guide my dealer to exactly what I wanted done, and brought a copy of the thread. They charged $126.50 and the only verbiage on my bill was "reseat right tail light". This fix did the trick.

Years ago, my wife had an 05 TSX that also got water. This same dealer tried to fix the issue several times and we wound up selling the car back to them. As I was not on this website then, I never guided them to the tail light.

Best of luck. The rest of the car is amazing - I would have been sad to sell it due to this leak.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I would've been too and I can't tell you how close I am to getting rid of mine. It's been a year almost to the day. But I think I found the problem. It's the door seals for me. There could've been a flood last night with all the rain we got. I found water inside them and under my audio wiring. I'm going to replace them all. Just odd that the space under the wiring never left a trail of any kind. I really hope this is the end of it for me. Not sure if the dealer even checked anything at all. My trunk and roof drains checked out clear again for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts