Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to drop a new 2nd gear in my trans, can anyone confirm whether or not the part number 23432-pps-305 (which is apparently also for RSX & CRV 2nd) means I can buy any of the 2nd gears mentioned and have it dropped in no problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
234 Posts
Okay, that’ll probably be a bit different. Since the CR-V and RSX are a 5-Speed (I’m assuming non Type-S here) and the TSX is a 6-Speed, the gearing will most likely be different. It should still fit though. I would verify the part number though since that kept bringing me to automatic, and I’m not sure if they’re the same or not.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay, that’ll probably be a bit different. Since the CR-V and RSX are a 5-Speed (I’m assuming non Type-S here) and the TSX is a 6-Speed, the gearing will most likely be different. It should still fit though. I would verify the part number though since that kept bringing me to automatic, and I’m not sure if they’re the same or not.
I know that the gear ratios are the same and so is the part number so I might just go for it and report back

·
Registered
170 Posts
Same part number really does imply that they're the same. Honda would not want to create confusion within their organization and but the wrong part in the wrong car

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Same part number really does imply that they're the same. Honda would not want to create confusion within their organization and but the wrong part in the wrong car
That's what I'm thinking. A quick search of the part number on eBay showed that its the same for all 3

1 - 7 of 7 Posts