Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My TSX CD player sounds very poor while playing a CD :(
The distortion is very bad on all six of the CD's that I tested :(
The CD all play well in my wife's car and in my home system.

Oh' I'm only at volume 24 and have the bass and treble at -2 this helped a little but it still sound very poor for a premieum sound system :(

The dealer suggested replacing the amplifier however doesn't think this will fix the problem, we tested five TSX's on the lot and only one sound system was OK.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Anyone have a good suggestion for a fix?

·
Registered
51 Posts
to_unplug, did you do this? If so, could you post information?

·
Registered
51 Posts
slo007 said:
The amp is located under the center arm console.
Very interesting, does anyone have pics on it? How much room is down there for a different amp?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Bad Radio

Well i know that my TSX has a very shitty Radio. There is Very noticeable static in all the channels and ive had it into Acura multiple times they tried taking my tint off, and that didnt help they tried to rewire it, and that didnt work so now they are replacing the whole back window. pretty shitty for a "Premium Sound System" if u ask me!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
It sounds like yours has a problem, so don't pretend that this is a function of the overall product for everyone.

·
Registered
42 Posts
As far as power & clarity, I think it's OK... and I don't experience vibrations [ft doors] unless I increase bass... But I do have a problem with static... lots of static in town especially around certain intersections... when I leave town, the static goes away but eventually I loose the signals... I wish the radio was standard fit so I could swap it for a more powerful Alpine, Pioneer, Clarion or Kenwood like I did on my [stolen] Integra...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts