Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine had his TSX stolen from his parents driveway early this morning in the Scarborough area - Morningside and Kingston Road.

2004 TSX, pwp, black vinyl roof, paint on the rear bumper had seen better days with chips etc...

Plates read as follows: BFWX 115

No glass or anything on the scene, he woke up and the car was gone. I'd assume it was either towed or the whole "master key" bullshit thing was a case here.

None the less if anyone see's the car please let me know, much appreciated. Spread the word as best as you can!

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
That sucks. Dealer keys should only be able to open the doors, they have to sync with the immobilizer to start it.
Probably towed or someone's pulling a bad prank.
Thieves!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sucks. Dealer keys should only be able to open the doors, they have to sync with the immobilizer to start it.
Probably towed or someone's pulling a bad prank.
Thieves!

Hopefully its the prank, lol although I'd pull a "Rob Ford" and kill the guy (Toronto pun).

I'm assuming it was towed, although the car was not modded at all and was a bit banged up other than the few minor asthetics...so not sure why they'd target it.

·
VP of Infinite Infinity
1,791 Posts
Cheap parts. Is it MT?
Maybe someone took it for an MT swap. Or extra axles for an AWD swap :D jk when he sees this.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
I expect things to get worse for TSX and thefts going forward in GTA.

I don't want to generalize the whole JDMR crowd as there are some legit people on there but you can see a lot of the young kids graduating from crappy rusted civics and moving into to TSX.

Whether you like it or not, used 1st gen TSX are becoming very affordable. You can easily see it around the city as a lot of younger kids are driving them now.

Lock away your TSX in the garage boys! I am kind of glad I got out when I did.

·
FAH-Q
809 Posts

I don't want to generalize the whole JDMR crowd as there are some legit people on there but you can see a lot of the young kids graduating from crappy rusted civics and moving into to TSX.

Whether you like it or not, used 1st gen TSX are becoming very affordable. You can easily see it around the city as a lot of younger kids are driving them now.

Yup all very good points!! When I got my TSX 5 years ago I saw no little kids driving it. This summer that all changed. Maybe its time to move on!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup all very good points!! When I got my TSX 5 years ago I saw no little kids driving it. This summer that all changed. Maybe its time to move on!

Couldnt agree more with you guys with respect to the demographic of TSX drivers. It's a shame, but once depreciation and time kicks in anyone and everone will begin taking our cars over -- young or not. Once this happens, it's just a known issue that theft and stupid "shit" will begin happening with these cars on a higher level than in the past.

We're not here to rain on the younger crows parade, but just judging from what we've seen in the past its bound to happen Freddy_Ss

·
Registered
652 Posts
I'm sure you guys are much older than me (I'm 21) and even I find it annoying most of JDMR wants TSX's now.
Brampton is loaded with them.

·
I </3 NY ROADS
4,046 Posts
NYC is full of bouncy suspension TSX...that alone tells me alot of the owner :rotz: It happens though, the TSX has been out since 2003, 10 years already. You can pick up a TSX for 5-6 grand today. Sexiest car you can get in that price range.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
NYC is full of bouncy suspension TSX...that alone tells me alot of the owner :rotz: It happens though, the TSX has been out since 2003, 10 years already. You can pick up a TSX for 5-6 grand today. Sexiest car you can get in that price range.
whenever I'm back in NY I'm seeing more and more slammed TSXs (on springs or Megans), with sticker bombed roof racks, unpainted lips, and dents+dings all around...not a big fan of the trend, but when the price of 04-05s go down, it's what is bound to happen. We just need to keep ours clean!

·
Registered
652 Posts
Well it just seems like y'all are labeling every young kid a thief or someone who would ruin the TSX name. We aren't all like that... Hell some older people f*ck em up too and steal em.
Just the kids on JDMR.

I love everyone here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts