Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently own 2002 Accord Sedan EX-V6. My biggest gripe about this car is that transmission shifting is bumpy at slow acceleration and at slow speed at stop and go traffics. Apparently, this is a normal trait of Accord, according to Honda dealers and other Accord owners.

How does TSX' transmission work in slow acceleration and stop and go traffics? Since I mostly drive on surface streets, TSX' performance at speed between 0 and 60 MPH is very important to me.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have had mine since last thursday and have a lot of traffic to deal with. I find it to be quite smooth keeping the revs at about 2500. It seems to respond well to both slow, stop and go, and all out flooring.

2004 Arctic Blue TSX 6spd

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Depends on wether or not you got the manul or automatic trans. and how smooth you are if a manual trans

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Indeed, what transmission are you talking about? I'll expect the 5AT to be butter smooth in shifting and movement matched nicely with the drive-by-wire acceleration technology.

·
Registered
332 Posts
The 5AT in full-auto mode is a bit rough in 1st as the torque converter locks and unlocks when you let off the throttle and get back on it. I drive in SS and shift to 2nd when past 20 km/h and try to stay out of 1st, unless doing a full-bore acceleration run.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have Euro Accord Type S with 6MT and I find it a real pain to drive in traffic jams with this car.
on 1st gear you get bounced back and forth constently if you do not go silk smooth on the accelerator - it takes some huge efforts to drive smootly in traffic and I find it unecessarily tiring.

That's got to be my biggest grief about this car.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
In the 6MT, have you tried just to slowly un-engage the clutch without using the accelerator ... Allow the car to move before accelerating? That should be less "painful" to drive.

I personally only take off using 2nd gear regardless of road condition (flat/uphill/downhill) unless I'm gonna launch the car. There's enough torque for the car to get off the line smoothly, not to mention lower fuel consumption.

·
Registered
134 Posts
good ideas - but I think it still requires too much farting around to make the 1st gear enjoyable.

I also start in 2nd gear sometimes.

Oh well, the best thing is to live in an area where there's no traffic - just like where I live !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts