Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
do you guys have any ideas when its suppose to come out and how much power it will have?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
TunerTL-S said:
do you guys have any ideas when its suppose to come out and how much power it will have?
They have not decided on making a type S yet most Acura Dealerships have said no Type S will not be made since the car is already preety quick with 200hp.
If they do decide to make a Type S it will probobly be in a year or 2 maby more..

I personally dont think they will make a Type S unless they decide to use a 6cylinder engine.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the info!

debating on the mazada 6 and TSX right now

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
That's a good point Bossman....I'd take the Better engine over just raw power anyday!!! The TSX wins in my books.....can't wait to see a MT or C&D comparo!!!

By the way....this moderator character....is he another one of those JackaZZ's???

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
GT-40MarkIV said:
That's a good point Bossman....I'd take the Better engine over just raw power anyday!!! The TSX wins in my books.....can't wait to see a MT or C&D comparo!!!

By the way....this moderator character....is he another one of those JackaZZ's???
My buddy has a civic with over 180k miles on it and engine is still going with alot of mods..
:D

yep moderator is another one.

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
Like they say Quality is better than Quantity!

That Cvic that your friend has is a prime example of why the VTEC was rated one of the best engines ever!

G

·
2004.5 TSX Type S

Get ready boys & girls. 250hp naturally aspirated 2.4 liter 4 banger with 18in wheels and a tight racecar-like suspension. It is a done deal according to a friend who works in Honda/Acura R&D. He has driven the prototype and he says the reason they did not introduce both cars at the same time was that they wanted to get a sales base on the lower model before they bring out something that most people would opt for given the choice of the two models. So much for Honda's cloak and dagger security. See you in December 03'.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Re: 2004.5 TSX Type S

Eagerly Waiting said:
Get ready boys & girls. 250hp naturally aspirated 2.4 liter 4 banger with 18in wheels and a tight racecar-like suspension. It is a done deal according to a friend who works in Honda/Acura R&D. He has driven the prototype and he says the reason they did not introduce both cars at the same time was that they wanted to get a sales base on the lower model before they bring out something that most people would opt for given the choice of the two models. So much for Honda's cloak and dagger security. See you in December 03'.
interesting news i have quoted your post on main page to let others know :D thx again for news.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
250hP tsx-s!!!

if thats the case, im going to trade in my tl-s!!!:D

have any idea how much is that gonna cost with navi and oem kit?

G

·
Do the math on hp per liter

There is no question about getting 250 hp out of the 2.4 in the TSX. Check out all other Honda/Acura engines and their hp/liter, i.e. S2000 120hp/liter, RSX Type S 100hp/liter, 03 V6 Accord 80hp per liter. Acura only needs 104-5hp/liter to get 250 out the stock TSX motor. The real question is cost? weight? canibalization of other cars in the whole Honda/Acura lineup? If they build it, will we(the customer) come?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Re: Do the math on hp per liter

Eagerly Waiting said:
There is no question about getting 250 hp out of the 2.4 in the TSX. Check out all other Honda/Acura engines and their hp/liter, i.e. S2000 120hp/liter, RSX Type S 100hp/liter, 03 V6 Accord 80hp per liter. Acura only needs 104-5hp/liter to get 250 out the stock TSX motor. The real question is cost? weight? canibalization of other cars in the whole Honda/Acura lineup? If they build it, will we(the customer) come?
True, and yes the question is if they do decide to biuld it will people buy the car i would say ages 17-25 would preffer the Type S and older then that wouldnt care about the speed and rather pay less for a regular tsx. :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hold on about the older folks!!!!

I'm 56 and also had and have a car that could do 0-60 under 7 secords. The fastest car I had was a Buick GN that I had more speed parts build into the engine because I wanted something faster than a stock GN.

I also had a 1988 Mazda 323 GT that I had hooked up with HKS performance parts.

And now I have my CL- Type S, so please you young ones, have some pity on us OLD FOLKS!!!!:D :cool:

·
Registered
13 Posts
I don't think age and speed has that much to do with it, although younger ppl do think that fast cars are "cooler". Fast cars tend to also be expensive cars and the typical 40-something guy is gonna have more disposible income than a typical 20-something guy.

How many middle-aged men do you see driving around in Corvettes and Porsches? Answer: quite a few. How many 20-something do you see driving around in expensive vehicles like these? Answer: very few (driving their dad's car doesn't count).

That being said, someone coming to this website is more apt to be a car enthusiast and will therefore be more interested in the S-type (although I'm 26 and I think the normal TSX would be a nice fit for me).

Hmm, I had a point when I started this post...

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
frainc said:
Hold on about the older folks!!!!

I'm 56 and also had and have a car that could do 0-60 under 7 secords. The fastest car I had was a Buick GN that I had more speed parts build into the engine because I wanted something faster than a stock GN.

I also had a 1988 Mazda 323 GT that I had hooked up with HKS performance parts.

And now I have my CL- Type S, so please you young ones, have some pity on us OLD FOLKS!!!!:D :cool:
sorry about that i was thinking majority wise :D but it is true some people in their 50s like speed aswell i have a friend who is 43 and has a 98maxima with nos and alot alot of other mods..

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
kradue said:
I don't think age and speed has that much to do with it, although younger ppl do think that fast cars are "cooler". Fast cars tend to also be expensive cars and the typical 40-something guy is gonna have more disposible income than a typical 20-something guy.

How many middle-aged men do you see driving around in Corvettes and Porsches? Answer: quite a few. How many 20-something do you see driving around in expensive vehicles like these? Answer: very few (driving their dad's car doesn't count).

That being said, someone coming to this website is more apt to be a car enthusiast and will therefore be more interested in the S-type (although I'm 26 and I think the normal TSX would be a nice fit for me).

Hmm, I had a point when I started this post...
I agree with you on this one :D

1 - 20 of 208 Posts