Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm looking to get a TSX in the 15k range. I thought I could find a 2006 for that, but a dealer only negotiated down to $16k here in California and that was from a 16,900 starting price.

I've started looking at 05's and 04's even. I found a clean 2004 with 40k miles on it, black on black with navigation and auto, the guy is asking 14,700 but said he'd take 14,200 when I offered 13,500. Edmunds TMV says the 04's are only $10,500 private party, what is going on with the prices? Is Edmunds that wrong, or has the market taken off that far on these used TSX's?

If they are really selling this far over "book" then it has to be short term related due to gas prices and I'll probably hold off on the purchase. what do you guys think? what are other people buying low mile 04-06's for. I don't want one that has more than 12,000 miles a year.

·
Registered
3,428 Posts
The prices have been inflated, but not because gas prices. I have been looking for a bit and haven't seen allot for kbb value. People are just tripping. I personally think it's because of the economy, people are trying to get every last penny. Also everybody always thinks their car is special and asks a retarded amount for it. Don't use edmunds, they always price to low for CA, try using KBB. I always try to offer kbb good condition range. So far no luck.

I'll be honest, I am very annoyed at what is going on with prices.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
The damn stealership was asking $29,980 for my 07, I picked the car apart pointing every chip, scratch, curb rash, and warped rotor. After two days of humming and hawing I talked them down to $25,200. So there is always wiggle room, but there is also people that will pay asking price.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Around here 04's with 80-100k miles are still listed as 12,000 asking price at most dealerships.

I thought I did pretty good picking mine up for 10,500 w/80k miles on it.

Acura's hold their resale very well, I will GLADLY pay a bit more for a used Acura which still looks good both exterior AND interior design wise not to mention offer excellent reliability......you get what you pay for.

If a used Acura is too steep there's always a fine 2004/2005 Chevy Malibu....as I say, you get what you pay for. :)

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
made an offer to a guy over the phone for a black/black 2004 with 40k miles in los angeles for $14,200, he called back later to say he just sold it for $14,000.

made an offer to another black/black 2006 in Los Angeles with a slight bumper damage for $15900 and he sold it to someone else for $15500...i was planning on flying down on monday.

So now i'm at a dealer trying to figure this crap out, we need a 2nd car as we sold the CRV we had.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, Chicago
1,706 Posts
just be patient if you can, also autos are less $$ or at least should be...
for an 06 w 45k you should be looking in the 157-16000
for an 04 w 45k you should be in the 139-14200 range if youre up at 75k i'd say 11-11500...
all in mint condition/excellent

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
The TSX has always had good resale value which benefits you when you are looking to sell, but not when you're buying:squint: You'll find this is the case with most Honda products.

·
Registered
245 Posts
You get what you pay for.. The TSX has a rock solid reputation for reliability, it is so fun to drive and has one of the best resale value... Good luck

·
Registered
390 Posts
Last Saturday I bought an '06 6-speed with 64K miles for $14,500.

I enjoyed it for 5 days before it was totaled by a drunk driver.

Yes, for those that are wondering, I will find as many places as possible to tell that story :p

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
Last Saturday I bought an '06 6-speed with 64K miles for $14,500.

I enjoyed it for 5 days before it was totaled by a drunk driver.

Yes, for those that are wondering, I will find as many places as possible to tell that story :p
That sucks man, and it was a 6 speed too:( Were you okay?

·
Registered
895 Posts
thats because ppl are still selling like mid 90's civic for like 4 grand and when you think about it like in my case im like shit i can only get like 5k more than a old ass civic, lol..

·
Registered
17 Posts
mileage shouldnt scare you, just look up the service records. lots of factors are involved but if youre buying it from a private seller you should consider the previous owner. they say you should never judge a book by its cover but its safe to say if the previous owner is a young kid with spiky hair and adidas sneakers you should be worried about him beating the shit out of the car.

the previous owner of my car was a middle aged gay guy that seemed to have all his service records in neat order. i bought his 06 tsx with 80k miles for $12k.

just something to consider.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm really impressed with these cars. We found a mint 2005 black auto with 69k miles on it in Los Angeles for $14,900 and got them down to $13,500 thankfully. The GF flew down today while I was at work and is driving it home. I'm looking forward to getting a ride in it :D :D.

First up will be tint the dang windows!! 2nd will be COMPLETE detail. strip all wax/grime, claybar, Meguiars 105 polish, 205, Klasse AIO, Klasse SG and mayyyybe even break out my Souverain carnauba to top it off. Can't wait.

·
Registered
18 Posts
in nj the prices are through the roof. last august i picked my 06 tsx for 16k. every acura or honda dealership i went to were asking 20k to 23k for the same car. other dealerships were asking 19k to 21k for that year of tsx. kbb was 22k. i went to a suzuki dealer who had a large used car lot and found my tsx in the way back. the manager was using it. they wanted 17,500 i got them down to 16,000 cash to buy it out. after taxes, tags, reg, and extended 5 year warranty was 20k cash. seems like the tsx's are costing more then the tl some times.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I found a TSX for sale in my area. 06 black with 50k miles 6speed for $16k. freaking good price. Clean carfax. Had factory recall. Im going to test it tomorrow

·
Registered
972 Posts
seems like the tsx's are costing more then the tl some times.
Blame the rising cost of gas. There is greater demand for four cylinders nowadays because of it. Supply and demand is a wonderful thing.

·
Registered
280 Posts
I bought my 04 ABP manual non navi with 46k 2years ago for $12,500 he was asking 14k p.s this was a private sale.can you say steal!! this thing was in perfect shape and still is. I am a college kid with not much money to spend so when I saw this car at 14 I jump on it. TSX has been my dream car since I was 16 and Now I am a very proud owner!!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts