Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So are we looking at $16,500 or less then that? With lets say 55k miles.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
tsxclub said:
i dont know.. i wonder the same.. cuz im considering buying a used tsx with low miles rather than a brand new one... right now anything i find on auto trader is around 28,000 or so under 10,000 miles... i haven't found any mt's and i can't figure out if they have nav or not.. but for that price.. obviously i would buy new.. i wonder if i might have more options come november or so... or if by thier releasing the 2005 version the 04 left overs will get marked down...

anyway i think it might even be closer to 17 or so... i'm assuming we're talking non nav?

remember this is acura/honda... they hold thier value DAMN well especially come resale time.. which is a double edged sword depending on which side of the deal your on

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
tsxclub said:
My guess would be a little less than that -- sorry!

The closest example that comes to mind -- not that close, I'll grant you, but close enough to be an example: A fellow well-known to many of us was trading in his '01 CL-S last year, about 80,000 miles I think. Most dealers were offering him only about 12K, which shocked him. He shopped it around quite a lot, and with great motivation. I think he wound up getting maybe 13. Yes, the mileage was greater, but its age was exactly in the range of what you're saying. And even though the CL was discontinued, I think it's still a desirable car, maybe especially the "S." So, in view of that example, I'd say about 15k for the TSX on a trade-in, maybe 16 on a private sale.

I also am assuming you mean non-Nav.

To Hondafreak: I'm absolutely SURE you could find a used non-Nav TSX for well under 28K. Absolutely sure.
(Don't ask me where, though.) :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: Re: TSX value in 2-3 years?

larchmont said:
To Hondafreak: I'm absolutely SURE you could find a used non-Nav TSX for well under 28K. Absolutely sure.
:sprint:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Re: Re: TSX value in 2-3 years?

larchmont said:
....To Hondafreak: I'm absolutely SURE you could find a used non-Nav TSX for well under 28K. Absolutely sure.
Well, I got curious, so I figured an easy way to do a preliminary check would be to look at eBay.

There are 2 TSX's on there now, both by dealers in Texas, both about 12,000 miles. They were both available initially as "Buy it Now" in the $25,000's, but no buyer would do that. So they're into the bidding on both of them, pretty actively, and it's up to the $21,000's on each. No way of knowing where they'll wind up, of course, but the fact that the dealers were willing to do "Buy it Now" in the $25,000's means they weren't able to get that much on a regular sale, at least not easily.

Based on this, I'd guess you could find a TSX somewhere for about $24,000 or less with that kind of mileage, and even less if you don't mind higher mileage.

·
Registered
21 Posts
TSX Resale Value

2 year - 64% of MSRP
4 year - 48% of MSRP

I got this from the December annual auto issue of Kiplinger's. Their information comes from Automotive Lease Group, a leading authority on resale/residual values.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts