Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone. i just really like to wrx's new look (not sti) and wanted to know of any comparisons between the tsx.

especially in the speed department. would a manual wrx be much quicker than a manual tsx? and which one is more fun to drive? appreciate any comments and opinions on other quick, cheap, fun, and nice rides. (not srt-4) sorry personal bias). thx bye

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,199 Posts
WRX are turbo, much faster then a TSX. Compare WRX with RSX type S, speed wise WRX will own the Type S if its stock vs stock.

·
Noizzle shizzle!
63 Posts
blazed54 said:
hey everyone. i just really like to wrx's new look (not sti) and wanted to know of any comparisons between the tsx.

especially in the speed department. would a manual wrx be much quicker than a manual tsx? and which one is more fun to drive? appreciate any comments and opinions on other quick, cheap, fun, and nice rides. (not srt-4) sorry personal bias). thx bye
I considered the WRX and the STi...they're great cars don't get me wrong. However, they lack the refinement of the TSX. The TSX is geared more toward the near luxury market. I had a Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V that had a little less horsepower and torque as the WRX...but was more sporty than anything and I found that it was too small, noisy and uncomfortable for my tastes. But my taste changed...what can I say? If you're looking for power, performance and a good car I say the WRX. If you're looking for refinement, luxury options and an all around great value...then the TSX. The TSX is plenty fast...don't get me wrong...test drive a 6 speed manual and see how you like it. I bet you like it a lot more than the WRX.

·
2005 TSX 6MT Nav
692 Posts
i went from looking at a s2000, 350z, STI and then finally and ultimately the TSX. The STI was a great car, it drove like a race car, however, NYCHOUSEHERO is right, it lacks refinement for a daily driver.

The ride was way too noisy and stiff for a daily driver. The 300HP was almost convincing enough to pick the STI over the TSX.

I've been looking for a new car for over a year, I've researched pretty thoroughly a lot of the cars around $30K. I think I picked the best one (obviously). A culmination of sportiness & luxuriness is priceless (in the right amounts of course), which is what the TSX is. You won't go wrong with the TSX.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
a co-worker has an 04 WRX... It's a nice car...but too small for me.. Definately has pickup when needed... and of course turbo lag...

The luxuries and room of the TSX has the WRX beat for me...

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
One of my friends in Houston just bought an '05 WRX and he did look at the Accord EX coupe V6 and Acura TSX before settling for the WRX....now he regrets he didn't get the TSX.

The turbo and 227hp is good, but the car is kinda cramped. The TSX is more roomier and looks more sportier IMO. The fuel economy isn't great on th WRX either. The price for the TSX is roughly $3k more than the WRX, according to my friend. Now he is figuring out how to get out of the lease and get his TSX.

·
Registered
634 Posts
200 hp in the TSX feels just as good as 227 hp in the regular WRX. In fact, with an automatic trans, it feels like WAY more power in the TSX. The TSX's autobox is one of the best I've ever driven; the WRX's is one of the worst. With a stick it might be different.

Inside and in refinement the TSX is head and shoulders over the WRX. In fact, up to about 80% of the limit, the TSX even handles better. I haven't pushed either car enough to tell who wins after that, but probably the WRX.

It would take an STi to tempt me out of the TSX into a Subie, I think.

·
Registered
49 Posts
i had a 04 wrx that i got last april and loved it but i had 2 transmission problems in 8 months. so i traded it in for a 05 tsx. wrx was fun as hell. but i love my acura. i used to have a 99 integra b4 that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Duke said:
200 hp in the TSX feels just as good as 227 hp in the regular WRX. In fact, with an automatic trans, it feels like WAY more power in the TSX. The TSX's autobox is one of the best I've ever driven; the WRX's is one of the worst. With a stick it might be different.

Inside and in refinement the TSX is head and shoulders over the WRX. In fact, up to about 80% of the limit, the TSX even handles better. I haven't pushed either car enough to tell who wins after that, but probably the WRX.

It would take an STi to tempt me out of the TSX into a Subie, I think.
the tsx couldnt hold a candle to the wrx when it comes to speed or handling. that being said the tsx is probably one of the best fwd vehicles when it comes to handling.(wrx is awd). the tsx also blows the doors off when it comes to interior and exterior. i too would take the tsx over the wrx but spped and handling would not be why. as for the sti, i'd rather have the evo.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
5,350 Posts
:nono:
as for speed:
stock vs stock
RSX-S owns WRX
mod vs mod
WRX owns RSX-S
so u get an idea...

Also, there is some "imperfection" on the fuel mapping on the new WRX. People driving WRX suspect that Subraru implement that to protect the car, b/c it wasn't there in the 1st model year.

If u are not planning to mod and u want speed... STi is the way to go.

·
Registered
294 Posts
hahha sazabi your nuts
i dont know how many wrx vs tsx threads ive written in today between the 2 sites but. RSX-S and wrx are not near same catagory
i have a tsx, wrx and flames mobile on my driveway. choice of vehicles being the 2 nice ones of course. i refuse to put the whole list for comparision since i keep doing it BUT.
RSX-S is simliar to tsx in speed, the weight and small fctors being the difference. the WRX goes 0-100km in under 6 seconds stock.
RSX is a junkie ass car.
but stock WRX, crazy fast, STi, ridiculous fast with some comforts, smoothness removed

·
Registered
169 Posts
I had a 02 wrx and traded it in for the tsx. I loved my wrx it was fun to drive and i had the turboxs stage 2 setup so it was quite fun. The wrx is def faster then the tsx but the all the luxuries in the tsx makes up for the lack of power my wrx had so i have no regrets in trading my wrx for the tsx. Pretty much it comes downt o do you want a fast car get the wrx or if you want a luxury car get the TSX

·
Slickness...
971 Posts
SAZABI said:
:nono:
as for speed:
stock vs stock
RSX-S owns WRX
mod vs mod
WRX owns RSX-S
so u get an idea...

Also, there is some "imperfection" on the fuel mapping on the new WRX. People driving WRX suspect that Subraru implement that to protect the car, b/c it wasn't there in the 1st model year.

If u are not planning to mod and u want speed... STi is the way to go.
RSX-S:
Horsepower @ RPM [email protected]
Torque @ RPM [email protected]
Curb weight: 2769 (MT)

WRX:
Curb weight: 3165 (MT)

I wouldnt call these number ownage by any means. Looks like a drivers race to me...

·
Registered
294 Posts
the numbers for WRX should be taken lightly

joerockt said:
RSX-S:
Curb weight: 2769 (MT)

WRX:
Curb weight: 3165 (MT)

I wouldnt call these number ownage by any means. Looks like a drivers race to me...
i know its easy to look and see. only 17 horsepower differnce, but a wrx will blow the socks off that shit RSX in a second. i would wave an RSX to get a head start and still feel confident. they are not in the same league. i dont know what to say other than maybe go take a WRX for a test drive for fun or something, but this arguement of a wrx being anything close to the same speed our acuras has to stop

·
Registered
294 Posts
and the flames mobile is a $250 dollar 84' cavalier type 10 that i fixed for fun in a semester of mechanics, making her run nicely. its a fun car to drive, 5 speed manual. spray painted her up with some friends in the calgary flames playoff run.
www.photobucket.com TSXCman if you want to look at the falmes mobile section, theres also a pic of my friends 81' datsun falmes mobile in there

·
Registered
24 Posts
TSX Cman said:
i know its easy to look and see. only 17 horsepower differnce, but a wrx will blow the socks off that shit RSX in a second. i would wave an RSX to get a head start and still feel confident. they are not in the same league. i dont know what to say other than maybe go take a WRX for a test drive for fun or something, but this arguement of a wrx being anything close to the same speed our acuras has to stop
shit the numbers might be close but look how much sooner in rpm's the wrx hits its max. you got it right the wrx would smoke i mean smoke an rsx -s.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.