Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know many feel the TSX is slow..but how does the 200HP compare to the 160HP of the Accord v4... Is there any noticeable or even tiny difference at all? from acceleration?

·
Registered
37 Posts
same (or more) weight, less power. slower maybe, you think?

·
Sleeperus-Maximus
164 Posts
WTF is a V4? I think there were a few of those made in the 1960 Murkers...

Seriously though, its INLINE4. No such thing today as a V4. Not in any modern car anyway.

Why not compare to the Accord V6? The V6 accord has more power and is almost a full second faster in the 1/4 mile. You can get it in 6spd coupe form as well. You just wont have all the little niceities that the TSX comes with, so drive both and see what you do and dont need.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
L4, perhaps that's what he meant? Just take it easy okay ... Don't finecomb every single line of text you read. We're not running a perfectionist contest here.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
I hope I'm the one that finds the way you make a mockery or a joke out of something, it's not entirely appropriate.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm sorry guys.. I meant to say I4... i just was initially thinking v6 at the time. I apologize.. Anyway, I was just asking because I have a few family members and friends with the 03 and 04 accord i4's...but I have never driven them.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
40bhp is quite significant to compare power differences, one thing's for sure, the one with the higher bhp will get to higher speeds much quicker and easily. I'd like to think if I'm not wrong, the Accord should have a more torque over the TSX, while the TSX has more high end power. If both are the K series 2400cc engines.

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
880 Posts
actually if you looked at all the pontiac g6 ads, they claim accord, altima has a V4 engine !!! ill scan it off the news papaer... it was so funny

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
the 4 Banger Accord is slower then our TSX...however I did get my @$$ handed to me by a 6cyl...so that one is faster...

·
Registered
6 Posts
i actually traded in a ('95, I4, auto, accord, lx, sedan, stock) in for my

auto tsx. i believe it had 140 hp. but interestingly enough i

remember clocking 17.1 on the quarter mile in the accord which is

similar to what i've read of the auto tsx. i had even made a couple

mistakes such as misshifting from 1st straight to 3rd and i didn't even

launch the car, i just gased it once the light turned green. so i guess

my point is although my tsx does feel much quicker than my old

accord, wouldn't the newer 160hp I4 accords be quicker than the tsx?

ps. i was truly suprised when i heard the auto tsx's quarter mile is in

the 17 second range when it feels like a powerhouse compared to my

old accord.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts