Acura TSX Auto
5-speed auto
200 HP
166 ft.lbs.
3250 lbs.

Please reply!

Thanks

#4 ·
how much is the RX8? If it's the same price as TSX, get TSX. Just think about it, Acura quality vs. Mazda quality. Plus, I think TSX is a better looking car in and out. However, if the RX8 is lot cheaper, then pick the one you think is best for the money.

#6 ·
well there are some mazdas and some acuras that have major issues. For example, 93' Mazda RX7. Engine overheating problems. And acura TL and Cl. Many transmission problems. Nobody really knows how reliable TSX and RX8 will be since both cars are brand new.

2004 Mazda RX8 Auto - $25,700 (base price, not many features)
2004 Acura TSX auto - $26,xxx (fully loaded without navi)

#8 ·
Haris said:
Well both cars could he used as family sedans and both cars aren't fast or slow. Auto RX8 is a little faster or maybe even a bit slower than TSX auto because of 4 speed auto and low torque.
TSX (4-door sedan)
Head room (F/R): 37.8/37.3
Shoulder room (F/R): 55.4/53.5
Leg room (F/R): 42.4/34.2
Luggage: 13 cu ft.

RX-8 (2-door coupe with 2 suicide doors)
Head room (F/R): 38.2/36.8
Shoulder room (F/R): 54.8/53.2
Leg room (F/R): 42.7/32.3
Luggage: 7.6 cu ft.

No way the RX-8 can be used as a family sedan. It has less rear space and just over half the amount of luggage capacity.

#9 ·
Haris said:
well there are some mazdas and some acuras that have major issues. For example, 93' Mazda RX7. Engine overheating problems. And acura TL and Cl. Many transmission problems. Nobody really knows how reliable TSX and RX8 will be since both cars are brand new.

2004 Mazda RX8 Auto - $25,700 (base price, not many features)
2004 Acura TSX auto - $26,xxx (fully loaded without navi)
True, no one knows for sure about reliability of both cars, however, Acura cars have a history of excellent reliability, while Mazda cars do not.

Also, you'll get more options with the TSX than the RX-8 at the same price.

#10 ·
Well here are some advantages for both cars so far!

Mazda RX8

Better styling
Smoother Engine
Better Acceleration
Better Handling
Mid-engined RWD

Acura TSX

Less fuel efficient
More features at base price
Better interior materials (probably)
More interior room space
Acura=Luxury Brand

#11 ·
Haris said:
Well here are some advantages for both cars so far!

Mazda RX8

Better styling
Smoother Engine
Better Acceleration
Better Handling
Mid-engined RWD

Acura TSX

Less fuel efficient
More features at base price
Better interior materials (probably)
More interior room space
Acura=Luxury Brand

RX-8
Well, the first thing you list for the RX-8 is very subjective, so I don't think you can really list that. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What makes you say that the RX-8 has a "smoother engine"? The TSX's engine puts out more torque which means that there'll be more power in the low and mid RPM range.

Better acceleration? The automatic RX-8 has similar acceleration numbers as the TSX. The 6-speed RX-8 has a 0-60mph in about 5.9 sec, but it also has more HP (~40HP). I'd estimate that the automatic will have numbers around 7 secs... similar to the TSX.

Better handling? Possibly... it is a RWD sports coupe afterall, however, they are comparing the TSX handling to the Honda Prelude, which was considered by Car and Driver the best handling car under $30,000.

Mid-engine RWD? Yes... that contributes to the handling.

TSX
The TSX gets better mileage than the RX-8. The TSX gets 22/31 MPG, while the RX-8 gets only 18/25.

Comparably equipped, the TSX is less expensive then the RX-8.

Finally.... why in the world are we comparing these cars? Even though the RX-8 has "four" doors... two of them are so small that the car is still considered a sports coupe. Doors aside, the RX-8 is a sports coupe, while the TSX is a entry-level luxury sports sedan.

#12 ·
I considered both when I was looking for a new car. The RX-8 looks great on paper, but when I saw the car at the New York auto show, I had two issues. First is I know that it has four doors, but getting into the back seat was tight, and sitting in the back seat was cramped. I am a family man now and I could not possibly shove my parents or grandparents in that back seat. Secondly, the interior looked and felt cheap. There is this hard plastic shell on the back surface of the bucket seats. Looks like most of the money to build the car went into the engine and suspension.

TSX is perfect for me. Roomy, performance, comfort, entry level luxury.

#15 ·
sjlee said:
RX-8
Well, the first thing you list for the RX-8 is very subjective, so I don't think you can really list that. Remember, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

What makes you say that the RX-8 has a "smoother engine"? The TSX's engine puts out more torque which means that there'll be more power in the low and mid RPM range.

Better acceleration? The automatic RX-8 has similar acceleration numbers as the TSX. The 6-speed RX-8 has a 0-60mph in about 5.9 sec, but it also has more HP (~40HP). I'd estimate that the automatic will have numbers around 7 secs... similar to the TSX.

Better handling? Possibly... it is a RWD sports coupe afterall, however, they are comparing the TSX handling to the Honda Prelude, which was considered by Car and Driver the best handling car under $30,000.

Mid-engine RWD? Yes... that contributes to the handling.

TSX
The TSX gets better mileage than the RX-8. The TSX gets 22/31 MPG, while the RX-8 gets only 18/25.

Comparably equipped, the TSX is less expensive then the RX-8.

Finally.... why in the world are we comparing these cars? Even though the RX-8 has "four" doors... two of them are so small that the car is still considered a sports coupe. Doors aside, the RX-8 is a sports coupe, while the TSX is a entry-level luxury sports sedan.
Rotary engines = Smoother than any piston engines. You'll hear this from anyone that has driven it.

I just dont know how good TSX is. Nobody with auto TSX has video tapes their cruise and stuff.

#16 ·
Haris said:
Rotary engines = Smoother than any piston engines. You'll hear this from anyone that has driven it.

I just dont know how good TSX is. Nobody with auto TSX has video tapes their cruise and stuff.
Why don't you test drive both cars and find out how good? I think you'll be surprised.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.