Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Suffolk TSXer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have been reading through the threads and am planning on installing the Parrot CK3100 (Handsfree Unit) this weekend. My current cell is a SE T616 and basically had the option of installing the Sony-Ericsson Blue Tooth or the Parrot. Has anyone else had this installed and what were the outcomes? I opted for the Parrot in case I change phones, but am concerned about how it will come out in the end. Am thinking to have the device kept in the "Not an Ashtray" area - thus, it can be kept discrete. Any feedback would be appreciated. :bowdown1:

·
oh so so fresh
118 Posts
i think that is a good option, basing it on the fact that Parrot tends to work more effectively but don't know for sure if bluetooth won't do the same thing. Everything comes down to personal preference (once again). Because at the end of installation and usage begins, you're left with a wireless phone accessory. By the way, i read your other post, and did you get the remote starter from the dealer?

·
Suffolk TSXer
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, the dealer installed it aftermarket- but there are some limitations. It works off the Acura fob and you lose the ability to have the windows go down. Also, the range is more limited. Otherwise, here in the NE (cold winters and hot summers) it is a great option. Just press the lock button three times and it starts up... If the key is not in the ignition the brake shuts the engine down and/or if you attempt to put her in gear without the key.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts