Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the market for a TSX wagon. I'm thinking of either getting the base model and upgrading the audio system or getting the Tech package and leaving it stock. Anyone think the Tech package is worth the extra dough?

·
Registered
550 Posts
i have a tech wagon.

the power hatch is not necessary

but I do like the nav and all the voice commands BUT is it necessary

nothing a good smart phone cannot handle for you.

i would say it comes down to you.......do you like or need every bell and whistle....

my last vehicle was a mid level trim and I ended up modding or upgrading lots of things so I figured I would buy them all oem this time.

gl/

·
Registered
15 Posts
You should definitely get the tech wagon. I was thinking the very same when coming down to buy my tsx but I knew if I didn't get the tech I would be wishing I had if i got a non tech. Also, what robpp said is a very good point. All of it is not necessary but depends what you like in your car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yea I don't really know what I want. I've never owned a wagon and I've never had a car with built in Nav so it's hard for me to know how much I'll appreciate it until I have it. The sound is important to me and I know that if I get the base I can always upgrade. Just not sure if it'll be worth all the money and trouble vs getting the ELS sound system and not having to worry about it.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Yea I don't really know what I want. I've never owned a wagon and I've never had a car with built in Nav so it's hard for me to know how much I'll appreciate it until I have it. The sound is important to me and I know that if I get the base I can always upgrade. Just not sure if it'll be worth all the money and trouble vs getting the ELS sound system and not having to worry about it.
Well you should probably lean towards the tech package rather than upgrading the speakers later on. Save yourself the trouble and get the tech. The built in nav is also a good thing to have around when you need it.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
I would recommend the tech as well

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Just bought my TSX Wagon with Tech package today! And I'm loving it! Unfortunately I had was hungry on the way home and had to actually go inside a mcdonalds to grab a bite for the first time. No way I'm eating in my new car... (first world problems)

·
Registered
550 Posts
I am leaning towards the Tech Pkg...I heard that the spare tire is eliminated. what happens when you get a flat?

yeah its BS. i just had a nail in tire and had to get a truck to tow me home.

they sell a one piece kit and i think you need to add the tire. list is about 800 but you can find it about 600.

checkout dch or one of them ponline parts places. dig ion on the wagon and you can see what i saying. 11 had a spare FWIW

i am going to piece one together somehow/

oh yeah, they give you a can of goo and a compressor/

1 - 13 of 13 Posts