Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What's up guys, I'm a noob here and will admit that I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to cars. I just leased a 2011 I4 TSX Black on Black and I couldn't be any happier. I'm falling in love with the car but I wanna enhance the look. I got the windows tinted the other day and I'm having the chrome part of the grill painted black this weekend. Now the next step I want to go to is wheels. Like I said, I'm ignorant and have no one to turn to for advice so please spare me.

I've noticed a lot of people on the forum have RonJon wheels and I really like the look of the Legend GTs. I'm planning on purchasing these for my car but I need to know what kind of all season tires would be best and if I need to lower my car or something since the stock wheels on the car are 17s.

Thanks for the help in advance. Hope this works.

·
Registered
43 Posts
There is a picture of a white 09-10 TSX on Ron Jons site that has 19 inch vega's with no drop. Should give you an idea of what the wheel to fender gap will look like.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congrats on the new car. Maybe we can help. What size wheel are you planning on upgrading to (width and diameter) and what is the offset? If there are a few offsets and widths list them here and we can help you choose the best one.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discount tire is one of my favorite places to buy rims or tires. I bought 18 by 8 +30 w/245 40 18's a month ago.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hi there, I think I'm gonna go with 18" wheels with a +32 offset and an 8.0" diameter. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
243 Posts
^
The 18x8 +32 set-up will pock the wheel outside of the fender. Fender mods and neg. camber will need to done to run this wheel.

·
, Regional Meet Leader, SF Bay Area
6,942 Posts
18x8 +32 is very conservative.... Im opposed to ^'s regards to fender modifications/camber adjustments. At stock height, you should be able to run up to x8.5 or x9 without any modifications... You might rub up front but a thinner tire, perhaps 225 series should do the trick.

·
Registered
243 Posts
An 8" wide wheel with a +43mm offset puts the front edge of the wheel .25" inside the fenderwell.

An 8" wide wheel with a +32 mm offset is going to poke the wheel outside of the fender by just under .25"

Running a narrow tire will certain help with fitment.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So the +32 offset will cause the wheels to rub inside the fender wall?? The 18s are only offered with a +32 offset and I really don't want go bigger and get 19s.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts