1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so, i gotta replace the clutch im my tsx

meaning, ill be dropping the motor to do so

now i figure, its the perfect opprotunity to paint my bay, and aswell tuck it

i work as a painter for a local honda dealer, so the paint and body work in there is covered

but i look in my bay, and what a rats nest in there, definately needs a tuck lol

and research on the topic is vague

im looking for any helpful tips, if anyone has done so, id like to hear your input on what you did, what you would do differently and anything that may help me out.

ive done alot of ef wiretucks, and few other civics here and there

but like i said, its a rats nest in there, more so than any old civic lol

pics of the project car

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
same process as the civic.

if you've done other cars, you can do this one, nothing really special about it.
but honestly, by the sounds of your post, it may be something you'd want to skip.
your call though, if you have the skills, and you've done it before, I don't see
really where any special issues will arise.

of course a tuck without shaving or anything isn't going to be as dramatic as what
you might hope. p/s delete, a/c delete and whatnot, the things that go with cleaning
up engine bays would be needed to get a dramatic result with the TSX I think. those
systems, especially the a/c takes up tons of room with chaotic piping and whatnot.

your best bet is to check out the shaved/tucked bays that are running k swaps in them.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
very good points, i figued there would be certain areas to put certain things to clean it up. generic ideas that tsx guys do. ex. ef guys relocate the fuse panel under the glove box, run the engine harness through the firewall once instead of twice like factory, twist the brake booster unit 180 degrees and bolt it on that way so the vacuum hose is hidden.

i looked into electric powersteering pumps, aswell as deleting the ac, cuz 1. i hate ac (seems to make me sick lol) 2. ac doesnt work lol

·
long-term build
2,761 Posts
oh, well you'll run into a bit of a roadblock there.

the TSX isn't quite cheap enough yet for this sort of thing to be happening
much at all, much less be common. you'll be hard pressed to find a single
tucked/shaved TSX bay around. so finding common patterns of the process
is going to be next to impossible at this point.

maybe they're out there and I just don't know about it, that's entirely possible.
but I don't know of any off hand that are done well.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
i think we dont see it because the tsx isnt really a weekend beater. for most of us its our daily so tucking a bay in most cases means making it harder to drive (no p/s) would it look sexy? hell yeah, but if you daily it a 3500lbs car with out p/s is not fun to drive, and if you delete the a/c youlll be sweating :laugh: if you do end up doing some form of tuck make sure you post up the results!!

·
got some new shoes :)
3,491 Posts
i daily my tsx everday i have a partial tuck but now that i work everyday i dont have time to finish it all the way, ive gotten a good bit of the holes shaved and a few things tucked both fenders are tucked of wiring other than the fuse box which is my next task, im not going to delete the ac but i am going to tuck the lines and ill prob just tuck the ps lines and res while im at it

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
seems like i could potentially be one starting the trend in the tsx

guys at work were telling me to pull the trans but i found that my master clutch cylinder was leaking. so i pulled off the oem strut bar, brake mastercylinder and booster unit, battery, fuse panel and intake piping, took the whole clutch master cylinder with all lines attatched to the slave.

headlights are pretty much tucked to begin with, very few wires to hide

and now with everything out in the open, im tryin to figure out where to tuck the fuse panel. might even relocate it to under the dash. battery is in the trunk now :)

im going to start taking my canon rebel to work and start taking step by step pics. ill post them up sometime next week :)

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
Oh hell yea. Pictures would be great man. I'm an engine bay lover so this is of great interest.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

ef bay i just finnished for a buddy
swapped b16, paint bay, paint block, wire tuck, bunch of bolt ons

my first tuck on my white ef

my b20 ef

the wiring hooked up
some of the work i did in the past

1 - 12 of 12 Posts