Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 1513 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
sjlee said:
I think the concept of a navigation system is great, however, there are some weird quirks with the one in the TSX. One of the things that I have heard complaints about is the fact that everytime you need to do something with the screen (including adjusting the climate controls) you have to click through a disclaimer screen.....
Hey, SJ! -- I know that this post of yours goes back quite a ways (to last July), but I wanted to make sure you know that this isn't true.

For some reason, impressions like this are quite widespread, and they still get posted occasionally on the forums. Even more strange is that when people post comments like this, usually nobody shows up to give the correct info for a long time, if ever.

You have to go through the "disclaimer" screen (which requires you to press "OK") ONLY to use a Nav or map function.

If you want to do A/C, climate controls, audio, or anything else NOT involving Nav or map, all you have to do is press the appropriate button on the console, e.g. "A/C" or "Audio" (or use the appropriate voice command), and you're right there.

One step. No disclaimer.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Just wanted to say that this is a great thread -- terrific collection. And many of the pics are spectacular.

My nominee for the "Jaws" award:

(by AcuraTSX03, 5/17/03)

·
Registered
954 Posts
larchmont said:
You have to go through the "disclaimer" screen (which requires you to press "OK") ONLY to use a Nav or map function.

If you want to do A/C, climate controls, audio, or anything else NOT involving Nav or map, all you have to do is press the appropriate button on the console, e.g. "A/C" or "Audio" (or use the appropriate voice command), and you're right there.

One step. No disclaimer.
Thanks for clearing that up. I still, however, think that it is kind of ridiculous to have to go through the disclaimer screen every time you want to use the Navi. Sure, the first time it comes up (maybe even the third time) you'll read it. After that, it'll become automatic to just click OK without reading it. After about two years (or less), you'll wish you could always skip that screen.

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
sjlee said:
Thanks for clearing that up. I still, however, think that it is kind of ridiculous to have to go through the disclaimer screen every time you want to use the Navi. Sure, the first time it comes up (maybe even the third time) you'll read it. After that, it'll become automatic to just click OK without reading it. After about two years (or less), you'll wish you could always skip that screen.
From the user's perspective, I'm with you on this. I mean who actually takes the time to sit and read the screen?

But from Honda/Acura's perspective, it's there for a very good reason. By having to press "OK", the user is consenting to terms and conditions layed out on the screen. Specifically, the user is to utilize the Nav with a grain of salt and not abandon common sense when driving.

I'm sure this comes in very handy for the Honda/Acura lawyers when they are sued by an idiot who drives against the traffic on one-way street because the "Navigation System said so":jeffy:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
No, but how about this:

That's pretty close to the Chevy Nova that was my FIRST car. :ikno:

Except that the whole car was that green color.

.....which actually looked more like the green in this birthday smiley although this has nothing to do with birthdays: :birthday:

Aren't you glad you asked? :D

P.S. My TSX is just a regular Carbon Gray/Ebony with a lot of stupid crap on it, like the window visors and the moonroof visor and an ugly EZ Pass tag on the windshield. asdfg

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hell, what's wrong with that. I don't have much on mine either. I just got the rims this weekend. Other than that I have the window visors and the moonroof visor.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
amdavi said:
Hell, what's wrong with that. I don't have much on mine either. I just got the rims this weekend. Other than that I have the window visors and the moonroof visor.
Thanks -- you're being too kind!

I didn't mean it wasn't enough, just the wrong stuff!!

If you want to be :cool:

·
Just a little nutty
664 Posts
larchmont said:
That's pretty close to the Chevy Nova that was my FIRST car. :ikno:

Except that the whole car was that green color.

.....which actually looked more like the green in this birthday smiley although this has nothing to do with birthdays: :birthday:
You mean kinda like this?

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Yukky poo! :D

No, that's a different green. Mine was what they called "Frost Green" -- a lot lighter than that one, which is more like, I dunno, almost kelly green.

Really it was just about exactly the color of the face on that birthday smiley. :birthday:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Worth waiting for -- sweeeet!!

BTW great bricks -- like a mosaic, almost like each one was picked for exactly where it goes.

121 - 140 of 1513 Posts