Acura TSX Forum banner

281 - 293 of 293 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #281
$20 a spark plug? Screw Acura.... They're $11 directly from NGK...
Oops, too late now. I was sketched out by knock off NGK's on ebay and didn't trust amazon either so went that route. Good to know for next time but oh well. $60 is hardly going to set me over the edge on this car.

This might be my last post in this thread, or at least until I part out the TSX. I need to make a thread in Acura zine

I stripped the audio set up out the TSX and on Saturday I towed it back to my hometown where it will sit until I strip it.

My OEM parts came in already. Threw the hood struts and the cabin filter in right away cause easy.

I test fitted the NT03's and same problem with the TSX - they need at least 15mm spacers and that leaves me needing to cut my lug studs again. Which this time I am not willing to do. One of my studs snapped when taking the stock wheels off so at some point I will likely go extended ARP studs.

These pics are with a 20mm spacer up front and 5mm spacer out back. Too much poke up front for me.

So I took those off and tossed on my 25mm spacers and threw the waffles back on. I'm good with this.

Cleaned the engine bay as well. It was pretty nasty. Replaced hood struts and also replaced the emblem that was missing from the engine cover.

After:

I also bought a new set of Michelin Pilot A/S 3+ from Tirerack for the low. They had the 235/45r17 size on clearance and also have a $120 mail in rebate on select tires which put me at under $100/tire which is more than reasonable for me.

And the last pic I took of the TSX after getting her loaded up:

Sad.

Part out will happen, although I'm not entirely sure when. Probably won't be until a bit later in the season as I don't want to miss a weekend of good weather (have to take advantage of every goo weather weekend we get here in the midwest cause the other half of the year is miserable)

If anyone wants anything start letting me know. Part list is on the first page. I am keeping the focal components, JL amps, JL sub, and the Mugen wing. Pretty much everything else is up for grabs.

·
Registered
277 Posts
When you're ready to start parting out, i'm interested in your brakes. If it makes for easier removal on your end and install on my end maybe just send the whole knuckle front and rear so i know i got everything i need and can just swap the whole thing over. Also would love your trans but i doubt i could swing what you want to get for it. let me know.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #284
When you're ready to start parting out, i'm interested in your brakes. If it makes for easier removal on your end and install on my end maybe just send the whole knuckle front and rear so i know i got everything i need and can just swap the whole thing over. Also would love your trans but i doubt i could swing what you want to get for it. let me know.
I do have some initial local interest in the brakes - specifically the front calipers. Out of curiosity where are you located? Shipping cost for knuckles, calipers, rotors, etc would be astronomical I would think.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #285
Nice choice with the TL. Sounds like it's an automatic? No fun.
It is an auto, but it was priced right. And honestly I'm not missing the manual a ton with nothing but city driving. I'm still playing with the idea of a few project cars - either I want to find an already registered JDM Del Sol SiR with the transtop, or I want to find an S2000 shell and LS swap it. We'll see how 2021 goes..

·
Registered
277 Posts
I do have some initial local interest in the brakes - specifically the front calipers. Out of curiosity where are you located? Shipping cost for knuckles, calipers, rotors, etc would be astronomical I would think.
757/804 area. We send guys into chicago for my work all the time though. I do project management for a big retail fixture builder, and we're renovating a bunch of barnes and noble stores in chicago right now. I actually have a guy on rush st in downtown chicago doing a custom barn door at a clothing store today! i am sure if i slipped one of my guys a $50 he would take a little detour to pick up some parts for me on his way back.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #287
757/804 area. We send guys into chicago for my work all the time though. I do project management for a big retail fixture builder, and we're renovating a bunch of barnes and noble stores in chicago right now. I actually have a guy on rush st in downtown chicago doing a custom barn door at a clothing store today! i am sure if i slipped one of my guys a $50 he would take a little detour to pick up some parts for me on his way back.
Okay now we're talking! I really did not want to ship anything.

Are you okay waiting until December for the parts? I have ample time off around the holidays and am planning on completely stripping the car then. If that sounds good to you let me know (hit my DM's and we can workout pricing etc)

·
Registered
3 Posts
When you get around to parting out I would be interested in the Mugen spoiler and the Seenit sticker please? No hurry on the spoiler but the sticker I would need ASAP

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #290 (Edited)
When you get around to parting out I would be interested in the Mugen spoiler and the Seenit sticker please? No hurry on the spoiler but the sticker I would need ASAP
I am not going to be selling the wing. And if I do it'll go to one of like 10 TSX guys I know personally who want it.

The sticker - why would you buy it from me? I don't even know what sticker you're talking about but you can still buy SeenIt stuff from Nick Weir directly.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter #291 (Edited)
Well, finally stripped the car.

343k miles, RIP:

This is how she'll sit until scrap prices are high enough to make the trip to the junkyard worth it:

I sold quite a few parts including the transmission and the black interior to android_cl9 as he's local to me.

Some major items left:
343k mile 04-05 k24a2 - $450 obo
Tein Flex-Z's - about 20,000 miles - $450 obo
Serge Bo 04/05 flashed ECU (7,800 RPM redline, 4,800 RPM VTEC crossover) - $300 + shipping FIRM
Stock 04/05 ECU - $125
Re-enforced ~1 year old brand new clutch pedal. Comes with strut king pedal cover. Ordered this baby brand new and had my brother weld her up - study as hell. - $100
Front BBK- includes knuckles, MOOG ball joints ~1 year old, FFC brackets, RL Calipers, 12.8" brembo equipped rotor, EBC Redstuff Pads, Stainless brake lines, hubs ~1 year old, and wheelbearings ~ 1 year old. $600
Rear BBK - fastbrakes bracket and larger rotor - $100
Injen SRI - filter ~1 year old - $100
Lower control arms with ~1 year old hardrace bushings - $125
Rear Ingalls toe/camber arms - they do look a little rusty, didn't try to break them loose - $75 for all 4 arms

281 - 293 of 293 Posts