101 - 120 of 156 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #104
Damn Elliot! I guess I didn't realize the work, you've put in! Keep it up bro!
Lol this has become more of an involved build than the del Sol ever was.

Throwback to the old del Sol days. En route to Import Alliance circa 2008 I believe.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #110
Had to scoop a new battery. My old one lasted 5 years so that's decent. Shit died on me a few times and it made me realize how annoying it is to jump the car with the JL battery terminals. Plastic covers to take off and then the clamps still barely stay on. Decided to pick up another larger JL battery terminal for the negative. Going to add an extra ground and also going to run a neg/positive to the Moroso remote battery terminals so if I have to jump the car in the future it's easy.

Pry going to add a XS Power battery or maybe yellow top in the trunk for added power. That's a long term goal if/when I completely re-do my trunk set up.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #111
Dropped my spare front and rear bumper, and front and rear A-Spec lips off for paint this week. Should get them back mid next week. Going to be so nice to have clean bumpers that aren't trashed. Hopefully it doesn't make me hate the rest of the car.

Other than that only thing new for me is a shift knob extender. Pretty happy with how well it aligns with the base of my Buddy Club knob. Color is a shade different but oh well.

And installed:

Couple rando shots:

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #113
Nice! I plan on getting my silver bumper and a few other pieces painted next week too.
Your car will be so clean once you do! My bumpers have had holes and shit paint since I got this car. Freshened bumpers and FINALLY getting my rear lip on has been close to the top of my to-do list for years since buying the car so I'm glad to be finally knocking it off the list. I've been sitting on an insurance check from when my car got hit last fall and didn't wanna get bumpers painted til the winter was over. This Chicago winter has been ****ing brutal, think I see the light at the end of the tunnel finally.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #115
It was my birthday over the weekend so I treated myself to freshly painted bumpers/lips.

Front bumper and lip have been in bad shape since getting the car, and the rear bumper has had a hole in it since the car got hit while parked in September. Brought them a spare front bumper, rear bumper, and rear lip. The results turned out great. I'll get some better pics when it's brighter out, damn shitty Chicago weather.

Now I just need to find a set of wheels I like. Went to go pull the trigger on a set of used Advan RG-2's in 18x9 +29 I've been watching for like a year. Turns out they've been sold already, so back to the drawing board for me.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #117
Car looks really good. So clean. It's hard to keep up with them when you live in the great lakes region.
You're not kidding. This winter was brutal and the amount of salt used was 2.5-3x an average winter. Going to be doing some extra rustproofing/coating/painting on the underside in the next month or so.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #120
101 - 120 of 156 Posts