Acura TSX Forum banner

121 - 140 of 254 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #121
Finally picked up an Alpine CDE-HD 149BT that I've been wanting to use for my iPad mini in-dash set up. Bought the Alpine, the wiring harness I need, steering wheel button integration kit, and also snagged an Ipad Mini 4 128gb in Space Grey via Offer Up.

Now time to finally get this set-up installed. I'm planing on doing everything at once next week.

The only snag I foresee if I'm gonna have to trim the width of the in-dash panel ever so slightly. The 4th gen is about .5mm wider than the previous generations and as I expected, it's just a tad too snug to be able to be easily installed/removed. Since I need to be able to easily remove the Ipad (I live in Chicago and that shit would be gone so quick lol) some trimming is going to be necessary.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #124
Getting there.. I purchased a 4th gen iPad mini and it was ever so much wider so I had to dremel the housing just a tad. End result:

Also have the Alpine deck wired up. My friend helped me wire in the harnesses and the steering wheel controls since he's had 3 TSX's with serious audio set ups. This will eventually be held by a single din kit from a F-150 and will use the upper cubby door as a trim piece.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #129
Went back to my hometown over the weekend for my little brother and his wife's gender reveal party. It was business and pleasure though - Spent about 15 hours on Saturday working on a 2000 Honda Prelude I picked up over the winter. I've been a Prelude fan as long as I can remember - my dad had a second gen Si when I was little and that's what got me into Hondas. I always wanted a 5th gen SH when I was 13-15 years old but they were going for over $10k back then and I couldn't afford it. So I ended up with a VTEC trim Del Sol. I always wanted black or milano red, but Crystal Blue Metallic is really growing on me. It's an auto and the trans was toast when I bought it - grabbed it for $200. I put a JDM trans in it and was gonna flip it for a quick profit until my hometown friend's car started giving him problems. So I ended up selling it to him for next to nothing. We went through and did some maintenance, buffed/polished the paint, and I even installed a mild audio set up in it. Hopefully it's got alot of good miles left in it for my friend.

-Oil change
-New spark plugs
-Flushed coolant
-Adjusted throttle cable
-Replaced inner and outer drivers side door handles
-Cut/Buff/Polish with Chemical guys 32, 34, 36, and 38 compounds
-Repainted the window trim with SEM Trim Black
-Audio set up consisting of Alpine 143BT deck, Alpine type-s components up front, Alpine type-s coaxials out back, and a 8" JL Audio 8w3/Kenwood 250watt amp

The Alpine speakers and 8" JL sub used to be in the TSX - glad to be getting some use out of them.

Some pics how it turned out. She's pretty rusty, but for less than $1k it's a solid car.

I wanted to buff/polish my car too but the Prelude took longer than anticipated (of course) But I did manage to change my oil and change out my VTEC solenoid as I was getting a random p2647 (iirc) code. Not surprised after seeing the old one.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Dang! That solenoid was toast! Good pick up on the Prelude! I love that chassis too!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #131
Dang! That solenoid was toast! Good pick up on the Prelude! I love that chassis too!
It was really just the gasket that was super fried and I know I could replace just that but the code I was getting was pointing towards the entire spool, so I figured replace the whole thing.

5th gen Prelude was what I wanted before I got into the Del Sol game, I always wanted a 99-01 SH, but back in 2005/6 they were going for $10k or so and I couldn't afford that so ended up in the first Milano Red Del Sol instead.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #132
Installed an Ingalls torque damper. Definitely love how much more solid everything feels but not particularly loving the increase in NVH. Also I think my passenger side engine mount is torn again, I'm getting the same popping noise I did when my old one was totally shot. Thinking the TL-S mount I used is indeed softer than the TSX mount, even though they're interchangeable.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #133
Finally finished my iPad mini in dash set up with the help of my friend Javier - so much work, I wouldn't have been able to figure it out on the first try without him.

First test fit:

All done:

And a vid:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #136

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went back to my hometown over the weekend for my little brother and his wife's gender reveal party. It was business and pleasure though - Spent about 15 hours on Saturday working on a 2000 Honda Prelude I picked up over the winter. I've been a Prelude fan as long as I can remember - my dad had a second gen Si when I was little and that's what got me into Hondas. I always wanted a 5th gen SH when I was 13-15 years old but they were going for over $10k back then and I couldn't afford it. So I ended up with a VTEC trim Del Sol. I always wanted black or milano red, but Crystal Blue Metallic is really growing on me. It's an auto and the trans was toast when I bought it - grabbed it for $200. I put a JDM trans in it and was gonna flip it for a quick profit until my hometown friend's car started giving him problems. So I ended up selling it to him for next to nothing. We went through and did some maintenance, buffed/polished the paint, and I even installed a mild audio set up in it. Hopefully it's got alot of good miles left in it for my friend.

-Oil change
-New spark plugs
-Flushed coolant
-Adjusted throttle cable
-Replaced inner and outer drivers side door handles
-Cut/Buff/Polish with Chemical guys 32, 34, 36, and 38 compounds
-Repainted the window trim with SEM Trim Black
-Audio set up consisting of Alpine 143BT deck, Alpine type-s components up front, Alpine type-s coaxials out back, and a 8" JL Audio 8w3/Kenwood 250watt amp

The Alpine speakers and 8" JL sub used to be in the TSX - glad to be getting some use out of them.

Some pics how it turned out. She's pretty rusty, but for less than $1k it's a solid car.

I wanted to buff/polish my car too but the Prelude took longer than anticipated (of course) But I did manage to change my oil and change out my VTEC solenoid as I was getting a random p2647 (iirc) code. Not surprised after seeing the old one.
Loving the lude. I was actually going to pick one up but got a deal on a del sol VTEC (as mentioned in the sales thread).

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #140
Had a friend come over to upload a new tune on his M3. All my car peeps in Chicago can't get enough of my garage.

And my friend's BEAST of an e60 M5. Has a Troy Jeup (best in the biz) built s85 6.0 stroker. 14.1 compression, methanol injection, and a 6 speed. The car is nutty.

And some random photos:

121 - 140 of 254 Posts