Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My '04 TSX is approaching 110k miles and will be due for it's first tune up that includes a change of the spark plugs. Are there any better performing parts I can use vs stock Acura/Honda parts? i.e. better spark plugs, pulley wheels, air filters, etc. What has been done?

·
From Nissan to Honda
2,170 Posts
The 100k tune up includes:

spark plugs
valve adjustment.

Assuming you wont be advancing or retarding timing, the OEM plugs are more than fine for your application. I sincerely believe these "better performing" spark plugs are the biggest marketing scam ever for cars.

Valve adjustment - this is pretty standard. adjust it to stock, anything else and youll have issues.

Other basic maintenance items that you can tinker with for performance:

Unless you tune your car, no intake shows any gain except the k&n intake system (search intake shootout). If you plan to get a reflash or flash/kpro you can get other intakes.

People say BG44k/seafoam/ all these other vacuum sucked products clean and get rid of carbon deposits and such, you can try.

Pulleys dont need to be replaced as part of regular maintenance.

Some other things that won't give "hp" but is performance oriented:

if you have a 6mt, replace the gear oil, perhaps the CMC and slave cylinder..bleed the system as well

drain and put in new brake fluid and bleed the system...ss lines? That will help with pedal feel.

coolant flush

alignment...new tires...etc.

Any maintenance can bring in some sort of positive performance change..because at 100k miles, things are aging.

Btw, searching would yield you a ton of posts on this.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I'm planning a "refresh" later this summer that will include body work and repainting, wheels/tire upgrade, suspension upgrade, body kit, and bolt on's such as CAI, catback and Flashpro. Hope to both improve looks and see 200 HP at the wheels when all is done.

·
Registered
393 Posts
The 100k tune up includes:

spark plugs
valve adjustment.

Assuming you wont be advancing or retarding timing, the OEM plugs are more than fine for your application. I sincerely believe these "better performing" spark plugs are the biggest marketing scam ever for cars.

Valve adjustment - this is pretty standard. adjust it to stock, anything else and youll have issues.

Other basic maintenance items that you can tinker with for performance:

Unless you tune your car, no intake shows any gain except the k&n intake system (search intake shootout). If you plan to get a reflash or flash/kpro you can get other intakes.

People say BG44k/seafoam/ all these other vacuum sucked products clean and get rid of carbon deposits and such, you can try.

Pulleys dont need to be replaced as part of regular maintenance.

Some other things that won't give "hp" but is performance oriented:

if you have a 6mt, replace the gear oil, perhaps the CMC and slave cylinder..bleed the system as well

drain and put in new brake fluid and bleed the system...ss lines? That will help with pedal feel.

coolant flush

alignment...new tires...etc.

Any maintenance can bring in some sort of positive performance change..because at 100k miles, things are aging.

Btw, searching would yield you a ton of posts on this.
what cmc would you recommend? do you think the em2 one would bolt up? since thats what everybody on the 8thcivic world is upgrading too

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.