Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,
I've got the following mods and I'm curious how other have your VTC gear tuned.

2005 TSX 5AT
K-Tuner End User
'07 TSX ECU with CAN Harness
'06 TSX Intake Cam
RBC 50* VTC Gear
Skunk2 Pro Intake Manifold
Thermal Gasket on IM and TB
OBX Headers with 2.5" Outlet
Test Pipe 2.5"
Stock TB
Custom "OSIDF" Intake (The Oh Sh*t It Doesn't Fit Intake)... ha ha. The Skunk2 Intake Manifold moves the TB so my CAI didn't fit.

I have the High Cam Profile tuned up to 40 degrees, however my Low Cam Profile is still tuned to 20 degrees.

Does anyone tune their Low Cam profile to go up to 40 degrees or do you lower the V-Tec point to lets say, 3500 rpm like the hondata guide says, to engage the higher advancement?

Thanks!
- Jason

·
Registered
569 Posts
I don't have Ktuner anymore and Vit locked my flashpro tune so I can't confirm. But IIRC with similar mods as you(factory RBB IM and 3"exhaust) I had VTEC at 3850 with low cam VTC around 25 then up to 40 in the high cam which tapered back down but mine RBB isn't gonna flow on the top end like your skunk2 will.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice!

I've got mine tuned for 25 degrees up to 4000 (which is my vtech crossover) and then up to 40 degrees.

I installed some new RDX 410cc injectors because my duty cycle was running at almost 90% and still running lean on the top end.

Going to run some more logs and take a look to see how the new injectors are working. The car pulls really hard now. Not sure if it's my imagination (placebo), my old injectors were clogged (214k may do that) or if it's actual difference. Logs will help :)

·
Registered
703 Posts
Mine is set to 4k VTEC switchover, WOT low angle set to 25 degree from 1.5-4k and WOT high angle is 40 from 4k-5.5k then gradually roll off to 7 at 7.5k. I remember when etuning a few years back, low cam drove the best at 20-25. Anything more produced less power.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts