Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the most recent hondata support email mentioned that hondata has done a fair amount of tuning on the 1G TSX with the release of flashpro, and that those results would be in upcoming issues of import tuner and honda tuning. i think hondata also mentioned testing parts for the best bang-for-the buck mods on TSXclub a while back. it looks like the import tuner article is finally online.

it's part 1, so hopefully the list of mods will be extensive. currently it highlights the IM heatshield gasket, flashpro, and the injen CAI, shows some dyno plots/numbers, costs, time it takes to wrench, etc...

i wouldn't say it's substantially new info, but it's good to see the TSX get more coverage. FYI, tests were done using an 04/05 with and 07/08 ECU for flashpro. would've been nice if it was an 06+ so they could measure the additional benefits of the more-aggressive cams and better airflow.

2004 Acura TSX Part 1 - Power Pages - Import Tuner Magazine

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
interesting...im pretty excited they have plans to do the mods that i have laying around my house. It will be good to see what i should expect from everything.

·
My car whines...alot
809 Posts
At 186whp/172wtq, that is far and away the most powerful baseline run I've ever seen. Most 04/05s dyno closer to ~170whp/150wtq on a Dynojet...

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i don't think it indicates if it's an AT or MT in the article unless i missed it. but if it's the same silver TSX that's in the tech articles and vids, i suppose it would be the MT.

perhaps they neglected to note things such as 06 cams and a larger TB?

this is the mod list from their supercharged TSX tech article:
TSX specification:

2004 TSX MT
06 TSX intake camshaft
64mm 06 TSX throttle body
45 degree VTC pulley
Injen CAI
Hitech header, Exhaust and highflow cat
Stock head, block, clutch and gearbox

·
Registered
714 Posts
they gained 8.2 horsey power just from the hondata gasket!

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Seriously... Why isn't this on my car right now...
i would do it if you decide to change your header since you have to bleed coolant. you can also get an injector base heatshield that p2r offers. the studs are long enough to run both.

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
HyTech FTW!!

Anyone interested a full HyTech system will be coming up for sale soon..

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have bigger pages for the part 2?

RBC IM results are pretty interesting. make like 10+ HP and lose -3 torque. haha. i like the torque gain from the cam gear but a paltry 3+ HP? boo.

·
Premium Member
438 Posts
i would do it if you decide to change your header since you have to bleed coolant. you can also get an injector base heatshield that p2r offers. the studs are long enough to run both.
Wait, could you explain how you would need to bleed the coolant on a intake manifold gasket? My understanding was the only coolant line is to the TB, which I have already removed and didn't need to bleed the coolant. Might do this mod for something to do, but do not wish to leak coolant and kick the dogs.

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Wait, could you explain how you would need to bleed the coolant on a intake manifold gasket? My understanding was the only coolant line is to the TB, which I have already removed and didn't need to bleed the coolant. Might do this mod for something to do, but do not wish to leak coolant and kick the dogs.
can't remember which exact part, but if you review the hondata install guide, it probably has to do with connections to the radiator i suppose. they recommend draining and re-filling as well. when i had mine done i made sure to bring a jug of honda coolant ahead of time since i knew it had to be bled.

Hondata Heatshield Manual

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Performance
8,413 Posts
I wouldn't say bleeding, draining coolant is more like it. There is more than 1 coolant line. Another line is connected to the injector base

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
holy, that Hondata Heatshield really makes a difference! I thought it was all hype...

btw, does Hondata Reflash adjust VTC to 25degrees?

·
flashprroooooo!!!
2,660 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
fyi, if you read into the gasket details, they also performed the TB bypass so that'll help cool everything even more. so the gains aren't completely attributable to the gasket on its own.

·
Registered
714 Posts
yep well the hondata heat shield gasket just got added to my to-do mod list :D haha

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have been waiting to see something like this since I joined. I was thinking about buying a used sti, but modding my car is a hell alot of cheaper.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts