Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anything is possible... The question is: how much power do you want? The K series engines are built pretty well, their major drawback when it comes to forced induction is the piston ring design. It was designed with strict emissions in mind, and would not do very well with higher cylinder pressures, and the occasional detonation.

·
Registered
97 Posts
yes possible....prob blow a hole threw a couple pistons thow....yu'd have to get lower compression pistons....but major power! i'd sayy on avergae 250 ponies....

·
Mmmmm...JDM
33 Posts
You only would have to get different pistons if you wanted to run high boost. There are a few companies out there right now that are boosting the RSX without problems.

The real problem is the way the fuel system is designed.

"their major drawback when it comes to forced induction is the piston ring design. It was designed with strict emissions in mind, and would not do very well with higher cylinder pressures, and the occasional detonation."

What?! What do the rings have to do with strict emissions? Are you saying that the strength of the rings is relevant to what emissions are created? A tight tolerance for the rings is necessary for reasons other than emissions. Rings are the weakest part of the combustion chamber and are most likely to be the first to break. I know, I've blown a ring on my last car, a 97 GSR running 10 psi.

·
Registered
89 Posts
blah JE pistons, crower rods, and total seal rings are your savior jussw ait they will make stuff soon. i know i am. i want 400 whp. gonna do it in january i think

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ultra_TSX said:
blah JE pistons, crower rods, and total seal rings are your savior jussw ait they will make stuff soon. i know i am. i want 400 whp. gonna do it in january i think
you sirious? damn!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Its Possible, but ya ain't gonna get much of any boost with the 10.5:1 Compression ratio that the TSX's engine runs. You would need to change the pistons to make a turbo worth while. Otherwise, your not gonna get crap for boost and well, then why have the turbo in the first place.

·
Registered
10 Posts
you could et a custom one done with a t/3 t/4 setup for about $5-6000. the motr could probably hold about 5-7 pounds of boost on stock block

·
Registered
89 Posts
5-6000 ur nuts i get it done for 3000 or less and the kits start at 2700...call engineuity 619-336-1666 take ur car there they will turbo and dyno tune any car.

·
Registered
45 Posts
For those of you that don't know, Cybernation Motorsports has been successfully turboing the K series motors now.

The RSX-S (K20A2) has 11:1 and can run a stage 1 kit (280+whp at 8lbs) on stock internals.

My Si (K20A3) has 9.5:1 compression and is also running a stage 1 kit (260+whp at 7.5lbs).

The fuel system issue was resolved by adding the missing return fuel line and incorporating Cybernation's piggy back ECU (Black Magic) system.

I'd love to see what a boosted TSX could do. (Really, I'm just interested in the K24 and how it performs :) ).

The stage 1 kits go for $4k-ish so the same could be said for the TSX, but there would need to be some R&D done and Cybernation hasn't had time to do that yet.

You can call them at 954-523-8483 or hit them up on the web at www.cybernationmotorsports.com . Ask for Lee, he's the owner. (Great guy, btw.)

I don't work for them and I'm sure it looks bad being my first post and all, but I didn't realize what was going on at the other (now crappy) site and just joined up today.

Also, I'm the webmaster of K-series.com. It's a technical resource for all K series Honda/Acuras. So I can answer questions if need be.

Steve

G

·
I have a question Steve....Have you heard of osmotorsports as part of clubrsx.com. The "owner" of osm is said to be building na k24 that are pushing around 250hp (i forget the torque number) out of a 13.1:1 cr.....The motor is sleeved and all but will the k24 handle a 13.1:1 cr under "normal" driving habits?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts