Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, you know what year it is.

We've gotten through the pandemic. The impossible has happened. I'm hoping the impossible is possible for my car.

I've been doing some research on the possibility for a turbo to be installed on a TSX with a stock k24a2 and I've seen a guy on YouTube break his engine because of a poor tune probably.

My friend says what I have to do is install a k20 head onto my k24 and that would help is have more airflow to handle the turbo. Idk how true this is.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully built a turbo k24 TSX and what were the gains, how much $ is costs, and is it worth it compared to a reflash. The turbo would be a fun thing to do, but i love the car too much to trash the engine.

Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
Tons of info online on turbo K24’s. “K24A2 Turbo build” search online should yield plenty.

Not even gonna touch the COVID comment.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Hey everyone, you know what year it is.

We've gotten through the pandemic. The impossible has happened. I'm hoping the impossible is possible for my car.

I've been doing some research on the possibility for a turbo to be installed on a TSX with a stock k24a2 and I've seen a guy on YouTube break his engine because of a poor tune probably.

My friend says what I have to do is install a k20 head onto my k24 and that would help is have more airflow to handle the turbo. Idk how true this is.

I'm wondering if anyone has successfully built a turbo k24 TSX and what were the gains, how much $ is costs, and is it worth it compared to a reflash. The turbo would be a fun thing to do, but i love the car too much to trash the engine.

Thanks for any help.
I mean no disrespect, so take this with a grain of salt.

If you're not familiar enough to understand or decide for yourself your needs or the available options out there, then you haven't researched enough. Research isn't asking questions, it's searching and reading through 15+ years of K series forced induction resources readily available online, as well as those who are/were boosted here on the TSX forums. Spend a month or two silently researching and getting an idea of what you're considering getting into before you move forward with purchasing anything or asking questions already comprehensively covered. Do that, and you'll see in retrospect it was the right decision if you decide to move forward with this goal. K20A forums have a ton of info on this. In theory, it's very easy. In practice, its going to be an expensive and time consuming learning experience that may or may not work out if you're not 100% informed and ready to go. Best of luck 👍

·
Registered
12 Posts
You dont need a k20 head just to turbo it a k20 head will help with higher rpm but if you keep the rpm below the limits of a k24 it won't have a problem, just search about it there tons of info on it type tsx turbo and i believe there one person on reddit who has a detailed post about it, he is still active you can message him about your questions unfortunately his tsx burned due to some issues with his fuel lines and turbo becoming too hot

·
Registered
7 Posts
I dont know if you have an instagram but @tiresbully has a tsx that was turboed recently he is pretty local to me in LA area actually and was tuned and turboed by @jsr engines they are very reputable and quoted me around $4k-$5k for a turbo build with flex fuel kit and all the dyno tuning is done by them i should also mention @tirebully’s tsx is currently pushing around 400whp if I remember correctly i would lookk around your area and find a well know shop if you do decide to go turbo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
I do not think that this idea will pay for itself,you will spend a lot of money and the effect will not be very strong. Maybe even start problems with the car,I would not advise

1 - 6 of 6 Posts