Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone yesterday I reflashed my car to turn off vsa. My question is the vsa button still supposed to work or not? And the other thing is when I did a little burn out the light on the dashboard was still flashing like it would normally when the tires slip but I did not notice any power being cut, so is that supposed to happen or is the whole system supposed to be turn off. Anyone else who has turned it off please let me know if it's like that in your or not cuz in my it doesn't seem like it worked. Thank you

·
Registered
714 Posts
so what was the point?

why not just press the VSA button :dunno:

·
Registered
393 Posts
Hey everyone yesterday I reflashed my car to turn off vsa. My question is the vsa button still supposed to work or not? And the other thing is when I did a little burn out the light on the dashboard was still flashing like it would normally when the tires slip but I did not notice any power being cut, so is that supposed to happen or is the whole system supposed to be turn off. Anyone else who has turned it off please let me know if it's like that in your or not cuz in my it doesn't seem like it worked. Thank you
same thing i was thinking. when my car was getting dyno'd the tuner turned off the vas but the button still comes on and i notice if i don't turn it off manually my car don't get loose properly

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I put a post on the hondata forum and it turns out that the option to turn off vsa is only for cars with a k24 swap. He said if the car has vsa that it will not turn it off because vsa is not controlled by the ecu so in our tsxs it will not turn off unless u use the button. I think that is so lame because we are stuck with that light being on no matter what when u want it off. I guess I should flash the car back to having it on in the ecu even thouh it doesn't do anything.

·
-
1,623 Posts
While it would be nice if the ECU controlled everything in the entire car & that Hondata had cracked all that firmware to customize everything with FlashPro, that's not realistic!

I too hate that stupid VSA light & I wish the VSA defaulted to OFF rather than ON everytime you started up the car.

Regardless, your question was very good & thanks for passing on the information from Hondata. :thumbsup:

On 2nd thought, it is very common for Canadian folks to put a piece of black electrical tape over the equally stupid TPMS light in vehicles when swapping over to winter tires & wheels.
Perhaps give that that a try.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Because I don't want that stupid light on my dash every time I want it offh
yea but its not a bad light though lol

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Not to be a pain in the ass but do you really need vsa off all the time? Im assuming its your daily so are you really beating on it all day?

Even if you bring it to the track your not gonna be looking at your gauge cluster anyway. The light comes on for good reasons because lets say your knee accidentally hits the button and you dont realize it because the light is covered, well you need to change your driving style to accommodate that, and if the light isnt there it will be a surprise for you. Especially on the road.

I love the car so much more with vsa off but the light is there so you know you actually need to drive the car now. Just my own .02

·
-
1,623 Posts
Even if you bring it to the track your not gonna be looking at your gauge cluster anyway. /QUOTE]

Actually when you are drag racing or road tracking, your eyes are constantly on the tach watching when you shift.

Stupid useless lights (eg VSA, TPMS, etc) on the gauge cluster are distracting & when a real warning light comes on (eg. oil pressure) you won't notice as quickly.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
Even if you bring it to the track your not gonna be looking at your gauge cluster anyway. /QUOTE]

Actually when you are drag racing or road tracking, your eyes are constantly on the tach watching when you shift.

Stupid useless lights (eg VSA, TPMS, etc) on the gauge cluster are distracting & when a real warning light comes on (eg. oil pressure) you won't notice as quickly.
I never look at my gauges, I only road race though. But I know when to shift by the sound and how the car vibrates. Thats why you have a shift light so you dont need to be looking at your gauges to know when to shift. If you ever go to a track and get an instructor they will tell you to not look at your gauges if you can. You should always be looking ahead, because when your going 80mph and someone spins off you need to react as quickly as possible.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I never look at my gauges, I only road race though. But I know when to shift by the sound and how the car vibrates. Thats why you have a shift light so you dont need to be looking at your gauges to know when to shift. If you ever go to a track and get an instructor they will tell you to not look at your gauges if you can. You should always be looking ahead, because when your going 80mph and someone spins off you need to react as quickly as possible.

Very very true sir! Honestly when I first started tracking my tsx the vsa aggravated the crap out of me, bc I was constantly speed checking! I was trying figure out how fast I could enter and exit corners with different lines, so I saw it all the time. But like you said your not supposed to have a staring contest with your dash.. Lol!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts