Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a really awesome Carbon Creations Type-R Spoiler, but i am not sure wether it will fit my car. I realize it says it only fits on an RSX but i can find no other spoiler that looks like it and i was wondering if any of you TSX nuts could help me out :) Much appreciated

·
Registered
721 Posts
pic of the disired spoiler???

im pretty sure the fitment is different.

as with the mugen spoiler from the dc5 you have to fit spacers between the uprights and the spoiler in order to get the mountings to fit the trunk in the correct place.

but dont hold me to that as i could be wrong.

easy way is to get someone to meaure the length across the rsx's trunk (who has one) and same for the tsx's and see if they are the same.

;)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
pic of the disired spoiler???

im pretty sure the fitment is different.

as with the mugen spoiler from the dc5 you have to fit spacers between the uprights and the spoiler in order to get the mountings to fit the trunk in the correct place.

but dont hold me to that as i could be wrong.

easy way is to get someone to meaure the length across the rsx's trunk (who has one) and same for the tsx's and see if they are the same.

;)
Here are some pictures of the spoiler

Attachments

·
Registered
721 Posts
yea like i said you will have to find out the measurement of the fitment of the spoiler to see if its the right width for the tsx.

or just buy it and return it if it doesnt fit

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have seen that wing on a prelude before (like the one pictured) and the mounting holes are quite close to the edge of the boot lid. My car isnt at my house right now but I may be able to stop by and measure the width of the prelude trunk compared to the TSX trunk tomorrow.

·
Registered
55 Posts
5th gen prelude:
Boot lid width at forward most mounting holes 50"
Mounting hole width at forward most holes 48"
Boot lid width at most rear mounting holes 48-1/2"
Mounting hole width at rear mounting holes 47-1/2"

1st gen TSX
Boot lid width (I have no spoiler) at approximate toward mounting holes 47"
Boot lid width at rear mount 46"

I would say no go on the spoiler unless you mount it halfway up the trunk. However the RSX a-spec spoiler may have slightly narrower mounting spots, but I dont know.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
5th gen prelude:
Boot lid width at forward most mounting holes 50"
Mounting hole width at forward most holes 48"
Boot lid width at most rear mounting holes 48-1/2"
Mounting hole width at rear mounting holes 47-1/2"

1st gen TSX
Boot lid width (I have no spoiler) at approximate toward mounting holes 47"
Boot lid width at rear mount 46"

I would say no go on the spoiler unless you mount it halfway up the trunk. However the RSX a-spec spoiler may have slightly narrower mounting spots, but I dont know.
Oh well, I really appreciate the fact that you took time out of your day to measure it and I will go look around for the RSX a-spec spoiler. Hopefully it fits but if not I can live without it

·
Registered
55 Posts
No problem, you might also look for a EuroR spoiler from the 2000-2003 range, its a similar look on a possibly smaller car.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts