Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The TSX is sharp, but I'm itching for a little more edge in the car. I'm hoping the Type S will cure this itch. Any info on the Type S variant? Maybe 220hp, special colors, rims, and interior? Aero kit hopefully? TIA!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
There won't be a Type-S version avaliable

its not enough demand , not till maybe 1 year later.

beside they do not have Type-S in Japan.

2.4L 200hps Premium?
2.0L 160hps Base

2.0l K20A 220hps Euro-R (same engine as Type-R)

Euro-R would cost too much... won't be offer in U.S.

would you buy Euro-R for like 30k?

As for V6 , its not possible at all... they design V6 for TL.

TSX remains a 4door RSX.... if RSX Type-R is not coming in.....

I am not 100% sure on my assumption since acura is very sneaky and can give us a surprice of 240hp :D

But i will keep you updated if i hear anything i usually do :D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
another thing, if they would make a type S (220+ hp) they would have to upgrade alot of things brakes and much more..

here is what some people say :
it should

RSX base 160 RSX-S 200
TSX base 200 TSX-S 240

uhm.. nice number eh?
and they do make sence.. but guess we will see :D

·
GT40 enthusiast
163 Posts
Still gonna be one heck of a market competitor! I think it will probably rival the Camry. Got the hp, and the styling....
:D

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
i dont think camry was made for sports at all though the tsx is mainly sporty/luxury in one thats why it might become top seller .. camry will still be big as its much cheaper..

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Camry??? The Camry V6 doesn't even make 200hp and it's a freakin' boat compared to the TSX. It's closest competitors IMHO are the A4 1.8T, IS300, and S60. The TSX has the price advantage on them, it's just a matter if the interior and performance and keep up. Like I said, the TSX needs a Type S variant to compete performance wise w/ the IS300 and 325. Every Acura excluding the RL and MDX has a Type S so I cannot imagine why the TSX won't get one eventually. Anybody disagree?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Yea i agree i will wait for the Type S model though because if i buy the current tsx and then type S comes out in few months i will be very upset if its faster by 40hp or even 60hp.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
spoke to my acura dealership in ny says he does not think the Type S will be availble .. reoson given : the tsx is already made very sporty and comes with everything the speed is preety fast and also comes 6speed.. and they are taking $1000 deposits right now i will be putting mine on monday ;)

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
No joke I think those words- quote " the tsx is already made very sporty and comes with everything the speed is pretty fast and also comes 6speed.. " was what the dealership told me. I don't want to say it but a little part of me believes them. Unless they make a killing and reach target sales very quickly I don't expect to see the Type-S. Hopefully they are yanking everyone's chains. Was there some rumor they were bringing in a Honda Integra Type-R? Looks like a RSX in championship white with some white spoked rims. I might be able to find the pics or maybe an article somewhere.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
After alot of reaserch i think acura will bring out the Type S maby not now but for sure in 2 years or so.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts