Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So tremendous downpour flooded roads around Carroll county md, last night, on the ride home, my fogs and passenger headlight took in water... Needless to say I think my OEM passenger ballast fried... Called Acura, service bulletin was already completed for moisture in headlight housing prior to me buying my car... Fml...

So I am looking to get a new 04 passengers ballast and pry apart and reseal my headlights...

Only seems to be 2 or 3 on eBay, and no one used locally... Anyone have one?

Also if anyone is running eBay fogs, the relays don't like water either... That shorted too...

As cheap as possible? Hit me up please.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using AutoGuide.Com Free App

·
Bork Bork Bork
3,317 Posts
Newer eBay ballast aren't as bad, but I too have experience with them going out with too much water. Try using a lot of electrical tape to keep the exposed areas/connectors dry.

You shouldn't need to pry open your headlight to replace the ballast, unless the igniter is broken too. But you will have to remove the front bumper to get to removing the headlights.

Sometimes they have these things on Craigslist. Gl.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
the only ebay ballast I want to get are oem acura ballasts off of ebay for cheap, not aftermarket, I am using g4 aftermarket in fogs and highs with no problems.

Nothing on craigslist locally either...

I need to get the condensation out of my housings and reseal them, I know where the ballast is and nearly had my bumper off already. I do not have much room to work, just a public parking lot behind my house.

I appreciate the response, but as of now I'm just looking for an OEM 04 ballast. I want to spray seal it before installation like liquid electrical tape, or possible silicon. Any other ideas? Stuff I can buy instead?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Brand New in box? Need some details, I'm not really looking for off the shelf price, and I can easily go to eBay, Ive seen used goin for $60. And New I kno go for a good bit over 100? Not sure... whatcha got?

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry I was out last night, how much? I'll pm you my email. I can do it soon, I'm in Hampstead, md. Let me know some details please.

·
Shouldaboughtahonda!
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am willing to pay around $50-75 maybe more for a ballast, OEM Acura 04 ballast only...

I am able to get quality aftermarket ballasts at $13 a piece shipped as I don't want to go that route. I have those ballasts in my fogs and highs...

I would also be willing to trade my 3000k high beam set g4 ballasts h11 if I remember for a new 04 Acura OEM ballast.

I really need one for my passengers side asap, I can meet or do PayPal. I also have eBay feedback that's at 100%. Any questions or anything, reply, pm, or I can email or text.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts