Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I was driving out to Acura to get my battery checked out, theres a spot right around the corner for me, the road starts off as two lanes at a stoplight, the road turns and then merges into one lane, I was in the right lane, guy next to me in a new jeep takes the turn way to wide, didnt see me... I slamed on the brakes to avoid him, worked but since the roads wet, I slided right into the damn barrier... so hit the front bumper, fender and rim on the passenger side, Front bumpers gonna have to be at least repainted, some of the clips are broken, fenders creased....and the rims shaved down a bit, heres just one quick picture on the camera phone...

Big problem here is since He didnt see me, and I didnt hit him, (I had to chase him down afterwards cause he kept on going) if he decides to deny it im f**ked...

·
Registered
57 Posts
Shiate!!??....... sorry to hear it man; its tough , even after you just returned home......these types of things always seem to happen to me.....nothing really to do, its good that you chased down the guy....hopefully you didnt stangle him....i am not to sure what you can expect from him to be honest......personaly if it was me, and it was a concious decision and I saw the accident I helped cause I would help out but I am not sure what everyone else would do......

Was there speeding involved in either party......????

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
nah it was right after the stoplight, heres the road

I was coming from Lawrence hill rd, making the left onto w hempsted rd (25a) so the road is two lanes at the stop light, then it merges into one singular lane shortly after the turn, the guy took the turn to wide, went into my lane, and while avoiding him, I slid into the wall...Just filed a Incident report now, so I have on Document that my car has no damage on the left side, and never collided with his, so hopefully the guys honest and everything gets taken care of, but at least now I have a back up

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
Ouch! :( Sorry to hear this mang! Luckily it's not real bad and you are OK. :)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident. I live on the Island, too. Had a slight fender-bender just a few months ago (as I was passing a double parked car a person in a parked car opened their door directly into my passenger side mirror destroying it and scraped some paint off front the door itself).

Went to Rallye Auto Body on 245 Glen Cove Rd. in Carle Place, NY (516-741-1800). This is the auto body repair shop for the Rallye Group of dealers--Acura, MB, Lexus and BMW. They have a wonderful modern facility there and did an excellent job of repairing my TSX. If you're looking for a reliable place, I recommend them.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
themsthebrakes said:
Sorry to hear about your accident. I live on the Island, too. Had a slight fender-bender just a few months ago (as I was passing a double parked car a person in a parked car opened their door directly into my passenger side mirror destroying it and scraped some paint off front the door itself).

Went to Rallye Auto Body on 245 Glen Cove Rd. in Carle Place, NY (516-741-1800). This is the auto body repair shop for the Rallye Group of dealers--Acura, MB, Lexus and BMW. They have a wonderful modern facility there and did an excellent job of repairing my TSX. If you're looking for a reliable place, I recommend them.

well thanks for the Recommendation, have a couple of friends over at Syosset Auto Body so Im gonna go there, know they do good work... Also now that I know your from the Island im fully expecting u to show up to the meet were gonna have this summer

·
Donating TSXCLUB Member
629 Posts
Man, that really stinks! Damn Jeep drivers!

I wouldn't expect to get anything from the other dude because he'll just deny it. Lets just hope that the repair costs won't be too much. Good Luck man!

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
ouch ! sorry to hear that memphis.
How fast were you going at that the braking didn't hold you in place ?

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
Sorry to hear about your accident MemphisRheins :(

Joker - who is glad that nobody was hurt

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,757 Posts
damn, sorry to hear what happened.:(

After you chased the Jeep driver did you get him to exchange information or say anything?

·
I see dead people
117 Posts
Damn man, that sucks! People and their damn SUV's, take turns like they are towing a trailer. If the guy denies any of it, you are screwed, hopefully he will be a decent human being. Good luck, and best wishes for a speedy recovery!

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
was going 25, 30 tops, just close to the wall and needed to be turning more, guy just wasnt looking... My personal guess would be about 750$-900$ repair, depending on how bad it is behind the fender, I did get forced into a Steel guard rail... I just hope the guy dosent **** me over...

·
TSX of the Month Winner
2,330 Posts
there was no witnesses that saw him cut in? yea today i avoided bout 3 accidents too goin to mah dads job in elmont!!!... stupid buses and jeeps.... my theory of ppl who drive jeeps are ppl who cant drive so they need sutin big so they dun die...sorry if i affend anyone

·
, Moderator Emeritus
7,952 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
chyllintsx said:
there was no witnesses that saw him cut in? yea today i avoided bout 3 accidents too goin to mah dads job in elmont!!!... stupid buses and jeeps.... my theory of ppl who drive jeeps are ppl who cant drive so they need sutin big so they dun die...sorry if i affend anyone

No one that stoped :hmmph:

·
Registered
6,255 Posts
Sorry to hear about the accident memphis.... I would bet more than 1k after all said and done...

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
chyllintsx said:
yea today i avoided bout 3 accidents too goin to mah dads job in elmont!!!..
:eek:

·
Premium Member
10,498 Posts
sorry to hear bout your accident dude..was in a recent one myself, i know how it feels..it SUCKS LEFT NUT!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts