Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's a super-Accord which could 'charge' past BMW's M3 and the Audi S4. The bodykitted Honda, revealed at last week's Geneva Motor Show, points the way to a new super-quick version - but the big news is that it could use hybrid technology to give it the power needed to take on its German rivals.

"With looks like this, the production version will have to be beyond the performance levels of a Type R," said a Honda insider. "Our target with this Accord is to show that we can beat our German rivals. So the high-performance model will have to be good enough to take on their range-topping models."

The problem so far has been the lack of an engine. The firm is looking at harnessing the performance potential of hybrid powertrains to give both the Accord range and the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) technology a real image boost. "The Accord has been engineered to accept IMA, and our Dual Note concept demonstrated that hybrids can be more than simply about economy," said our source. The Dual Note, unveiled at 2001's Tokyo Motor Show, is expected to become the new NSX in 2005, and a hot Accord will appear then, too.

The result would be a car with a 200bhp-plus VTEC petrol engine powering the front wheels, and electric hub motors driving the rears. It would have four-wheel drive and offer performance on a par with that of a conventional 350bhp vehicle, but with fuel economy to rival a regular 2.0-litre petrol unit.

For more Geneva images, click on the following link.
Geneva images Tom Barnard

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Great detective work tsxclub. I found pictures of that Accord but the short article didn't really provide too much info about its possible production. I wish honda/acura would tap that potential and give us some. Even though the technology and its production may be a few years away, it's still exciting learning about where the industry is headed.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
I really like it from the front.. but the back leaves something to be desired.. kinda like the tsx.. something about the back of it just doesn't sit well.. but i guess that is what kits are for ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
454 Posts
rAiN said:
damn~~~

when is the release of tat car?
well to begin with it's a euro design if i'm not mistaken
which means we may never ever see it on our roads :eek:

i think it has enough exterior similarities with the TSX tho.. that after modification... ;)

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
I think that dual central exhaust was borrowed from their friends down the street at Mitsubishi. I'm neutral about the exhaust but overall the car is titts. I think the R&D people answered some people's dreams by producing ONE accord minus an engine that makes the Honda/Acura driver really drool ( or jizz in the case of
fschambe lol ). If that was being produced next year as the TSX, I might be changing my underwear as well. But we will have to wait and see. :mad: Would like to see what the 2005 Accord looks like if that car will be the 2005 NSX? Is that what the article said? I'm confused on that point:confused:

·
SoyBoy
140 Posts
Pricing?

They don't even know if that car will be in production. They said that a new accord and NSX will come out in 2005, but I doubt if we can get anything that will resemble that muscle accord. Hopefully we can get something like that. The car looks great and the integration of gasoline and electric technology to provide an all wheel drive accord is mind boggling. :eek: I'm still wishing.

·
, Administrator Emeritus
2,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I personally would not want a car like that, I like to hook up my car myself its really alot more fun to hook up a car threw time piece by piece then just buy it might aswell just buy a corvette if u want a fast car :D

1 - 20 of 21 Posts