Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I previously bought chealp bulbs online a year ago and installed them but noticed recently that the bulb started turning off by itself. I had to switch it off for awhile then turn on to make it work again.

I finally decided its time to change bulbs. Took out cover then as i tried to turn igniot counterclockwise it wouldnt turn. Looked carefully and i noticed that it is partially melted. So does this mean i need to replaace the whole ignitor part? Or is this another thing I have to replace?

I guess it wont be ok to drive in this condition or drive only with daytime running lights? What would be the consequence of driving in this condition until I can find a part in a few days?

Thanks for helping out a newb!

Attachments

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Info Center / Car Care & D
5,036 Posts
OK, don't take my word for it as sound advice, but if I was in your situation, I would keep turning until it comes out. This would mean that I would have to break the "weld" from the ignitor. The way I see it, you don't lost much by breaking the weld. It's already broken and damage. Break it off to see what kind of damage it made and maybe reseat it properly to see if it can work again. Usually this kind of thing happen when you didn't seat the ignitor properly.

I had almost the same problem as you before. I didn't seat my ignitor correctly and it melted the base of the bulb. Luckily it didn't have a weld effect

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the great advice. I went on aand managed to twist it off. Do you think it looks alright? Is there anytuing i can clean it off with?

·
5,036 Posts
That looks really bad. I'd be surprise if it still works.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
do you think its safe for me to try putting new bulbs in and giving them a try? I have a trip tomorrow and need the car, unless I can get this part from a dealer tomorrow morning.

·
5,036 Posts
I honestly have no idea. I think you should also check the headlight fuse. I'm sure it popped.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts