Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if it is a good/bad idea to take this piece off.. It is just plastic, but i dont know if it is guarding something important. Thanks.

Attachments

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
Yup I agree, people want to put on rear diffusers, instead you wanna take it off?

It does have a positive effect instead of a negative one. But by how much, I would not comment. My experience on rear diffusers require major fins to truly see adverse handling improvements.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
agreed, without the fins theres really not any handling effect

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Wow, what great replies!

I always wonder how people know stuff like that. I bet most of us never even heard of "rear diffusers." :bowdown:

I also wonder why he wants to take it off.........

·
whatever
4,377 Posts
whateva it is...it's there for a reason...leave the car alone

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i dont want to take it off, i just need a way to work around it when i put on neons. And i dont care if you dont like neons, i do, thats what matters to me. But thank you all who answered my question.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
1,344 Posts
lol, straight to the defensive about the neons huh? I agreed anyway, points to sig.

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
lol

defensive on neons...which are so high schooler boys. do you think girls are actually gonna like that your car has neons? wow i wanna **** him, he has neons!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
10,660 Posts
pocketkiller said:
lol

defensive on neons...which are so high schooler boys. do you think girls are actually gonna like that your car has neons? wow i wanna **** him, he has neons!
Take it easy PK... To each his own!

·
, Administrator Emeritus
4,123 Posts
larchmont said:
I always wonder how people know stuff like that. I bet most of us never even heard of "rear diffusers."

This is a real diffuser applied on an S2000 particularly mine in this case. Because of the 50/50 weight distribution and aerodynamics developed by factory, the rear can become shaky, unstable at high speeds especially when directions are constantly changing; (IE - Race track conditions).

The rear diffuser changes/re-directs and channels the air flowing under the car towards an ideal path of flow which thus allows and increasing more downforce with use of an applicable t-wing/adjustable spec type rear boot spoiler when this is being implemented. The downside is dry carbon isn't cheap and you'd be having ground clearance problems when used on public roads.

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
im not the kind of guy that relies on my car to get girls to sleep with me, i just think it looks good for show man. Im sorry if that bothers you, or if thats how you pick up girls though man. Meant nothing by it.
Thanks joker.
I think neons are one of the few ways to make your car stand out at night too.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
8,663 Posts
I think neons are ok...as long as they aren't toooo bright..like distracting bright.. I've seen some nicely done ones and they don't look that bad. You'll never see them on my car, but that's just me (so ignore me :D ). Maybe you could mount two of them on the sides of the diffuser...or one at the front of the diffuser?

·
, Moderator Emeritus
10,086 Posts
Actually I thought PK's post was pretty funny......assuming he was just friendly trash-talking. :nod:

But with PK you never know. :D

·
BUM
1,242 Posts
j.tear1080 said:
im not the kind of guy that relies on my car to get girls to sleep with me, i just think it looks good for show man. Im sorry if that bothers you, or if thats how you pick up girls though man. Meant nothing by it.
Thanks joker.
I think neons are one of the few ways to make your car stand out at night too.
You can keep the neons, i'm just giving you a hard time.
So what DO you rely on if not your TSX?

I'm sorry JT just ignore me.

·
John Frusciante Wanna-be
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I use charisma.
I forgive you.
I am young, and i have different opinions as some of you guys though.

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
larchmont said:
Actually I thought PK's post was pretty funny......assuming he was just friendly trash-talking. :nod:

But with PK you never know. :D
:stupid: ;)

·
, Moderator Emeritus
5,352 Posts
j.tear1080 said:
I use charisma.
I forgive you.
I am young, and i have different opinions as some of you guys though.
What exhaust system is that on your ride?

No comment on the neons. :D

1 - 20 of 33 Posts