Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For all the TSXers living in snowy areas, how do you protect you car from rusting? Is undercoating recommended?

T.I.A.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
jackstands and a pressure washer. no joke lol. After every snow i get the car on the lift and wash the sh*t out of everything, pop the wheels off spray the coil threads. get some soap on everything and get that salt off is the main goal. I know how you feel tho, it sucks buying something and than a few weeks later seeing it corrode :/

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea, it started to happen to my Tacoma back when I used to off road in the Snow and don't want this to happen to the car. I've read some bad things about undercoating on other sites but I wanted to hear it from all my TSXers since I know we here like to take care of our cars best! :)

·
Registered
250 Posts
Winter time I usually take it to the Splash near my job. I work for a bank and they hook us up since we're constantly giving them change since there bank is further. They wash the underbody and I like that they hand drive everything even between the doors so those wont rust. Live in CT so winters are pretty hard and after it snows I really wouldnt wanna go washing my car unless it's all melted lol.

·
Premium Member
2,513 Posts
me and my buddy undercoated his 240sx build and its been like 3 months? and it like wore off basically? lol idk i dont think its worth it :/ sorry i didnt mention that before

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys, we undercoat at the dealership that I work at. I did it to my 05 just to cover up what needed to be covered, plus it provides a sound shield to the underbody. Normally dealerships won't spray anything that moves, including any control arms etc. but when I did mine I just refrained from spraying parts where they were mounted. We have pretty bad snow season here too. I would say as long as you get the right product under there (not the spray cans you buy at a parts store) but a quality product maybe with a warranty it definitely won't hurt, at the very least it will make for a more quiet ride. My .02 since snow season is coming up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts