Acura TSX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Whats up guys, im planning on buying the Unorthodox Racing Pulley Set. every website i went on sold them for about 350-400$ but i did found a set on ebay. about this set isnt it suposed to be a 3 piece set ? they say its the actual picture of the product am i wrong ? picture is 2 pieces and the price is great 215$ !!!
Should I buy it ??

heres the link : Unorthodox Racing Pulley Set 02-10 Civic Si Accord TSX | eBay

·
Registered
235 Posts

·
Registered
874 Posts
Not to be a A$$ but DONT DO IT! lol some ebay stuff is good and in this case no good, you can buy NST pulleys + belt which your going to need for the same price $220 NST - NonStopTuning, your only getting the Crank and Alternator in your ebay one same here, IMO nst tops ebay, I prefer Real ur pulleys that come with PS, Crank and Alternator

·
Registered
862 Posts
Ma chipass buddy picked up CL9 UR set for 240 or 250 at ebay a year ago or so , it was original set , we asked seller why so cheap he told me he is fed of tune and wanna get money back off this stuff , also said UR "love" their dealers and push em to hold high msrp price and real price is much lower. I always thought its hella overpriced, 400 , even 350 is fcking much. Ralco for 200 - 240 is a good choise , good price for decent quality ) Hope they not push 12 yr old children to work 16 hrs to make those pulleys for cheap LOL.

·
Registered
4 Posts
It does fit the K24 it just depends on the year. As I mentioned, you need the 3 piece set for the 04 TSX which includes the power steering pulley Part # 040602202. the power steering pulley is on back order. if your looking to buy set immediately see if any other UR dealer has them in stock and if not when I have them back up for sale contact me for the best price.

Mike
Addictive Auto

·
-
1,695 Posts
That 2 piece UR pulley kit will definitely fit the 04-08 K24 TSX.
There is no need for the 3 piece pulley kit. There is even no need for the 2 piece kit.
You would just need to purchase the correct length serpentine belt to keep the tensioner in the proper range.

Just watch the diameter of the crank pulley. I hate how UR doesn't make that critical information readily available.

The majority of the gains are from the crank pulley, the other pulleys are just for show. I would try to purchase just the crank pulley for even greater dollar savings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Not to be a A$$ but DONT DO IT! lol some ebay stuff is good and in this case no good, you can buy NST pulleys + belt which your going to need for the same price $220 NST - NonStopTuning, your only getting the Crank and Alternator in your ebay one same here, IMO nst tops ebay, I prefer Real ur pulleys that come with PS, Crank and Alternator
Dannyv, the NonStopTuning Pulley Kits look very interesting and the price is great. Does anyone know of any major/important differences between NST and Unorthodox?

·
Registered
4 Posts
That 2 piece UR pulley kit will definitely fit the 04-08 K24 TSX.
There is no need for the 3 piece pulley kit. There is even no need for the 2 piece kit.
You would just need to purchase the correct length serpentine belt to keep the tensioner in the proper range.

Just watch the diameter of the crank pulley. I hate how UR doesn't make that critical information readily available.

The majority of the gains are from the crank pulley, the other pulleys are just for show. I would try to purchase just the crank pulley for even greater dollar savings.
UR isnt saying that it wont. The K-series pulleys were developed to fit multiple cars. At the time 7 rib serpentine belts were a limited selection. Normally the accessory pulleys are left stock diameter and only the crank diameter is changed but no so for the k-series pulleys which is why they are sold in sets only. If you can find the proper belt length they yes you can use the 2 piece set. if someone finds it lmk or UR know so they can add it to the list. BTW if anyone is interested in the UR pulleys you can PM me for the best price as I can sell them cheaper directly then whats on my ebay listings.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Unorthodox pulleys are not ebay junk and what I sell is real UR products.

·
-
1,695 Posts
UR isnt saying that it wont. The K-series pulleys were developed to fit multiple cars. At the time 7 rib serpentine belts were a limited selection. Normally the accessory pulleys are left stock diameter and only the crank diameter is changed but no so for the k-series pulleys which is why they are sold in sets only. If you can find the proper belt length they yes you can use the 2 piece set. if someone finds it lmk or UR know so they can add it to the list. BTW if anyone is interested in the UR pulleys you can PM me for the best price as I can sell them cheaper directly then whats on my ebay listings.
Serpentine belts are readily available everywhere in an infinite variety of lengths.

Unorthodox pulleys are not ebay junk.

Agreed. Tons of TSX guys are running UR pulleys on this forum with no issues reported.

UR pulleys are pricier than the NST, Ralco or OBX pulleys. One significant feature of UR aluminum pulleys over the other pulleys is the stainless steel sleeve on the crank snout.
This means the front crankshaft seal is running on a stainless steel surface that will last forever rather than on much softer aluminum.
In fact if your UR crank pulley ever had an issue with this stainless sleeve, that sleeve could easily be replaced.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Serpentine belts are readily available everywhere in an infinite variety of lengths.

Agreed. Tons of TSX guys are running UR pulleys on this forum with no issues reported.

UR pulleys are pricier than the NST, Ralco or OBX pulleys. One significant feature of UR aluminum pulleys over the other pulleys is the stainless steel sleeve on the crank snout.
This means the front crankshaft seal is running on a stainless steel surface that will last forever rather than on much softer aluminum.
In fact if your UR crank pulley ever had an issue with this stainless sleeve, that sleeve could easily be replaced.
Like i said back when these were developed 7-rib serpentine belts offered a smaller selection of choice but not so much now.

Ralco pulleys are a direct knockoff of UR's older designs and apparently not to well. Ralco RZ = Ultra Rev. Ultra Rev was a dealer of UR until they started copying UR pulleys. As they did other manufactures as well.

OBX = paper weight

NST - Seems to make a good well designed product.

I think when you put a UR pulley next to a competitors pulley, I think most would agree the design, fit, finish, weight etc... is superior and their experience in the auto industry (17 years) plays a role as well.

My favorite quote
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the happiness of a low price is forgotten"

·
Registered
862 Posts
Blah blah )) Pay pay your money for UR , lot of money )) 400 or better 500.

FYI , Ralco requested a set of OEM pulleys to make draws for oem size set. They havent just pick size from manual and make a bigger one, they developed it from scratch. Ralco also have stainless sleeve, anyone who owns em will confirm this.

Pulleys is a 200-250 bucks part , not more for their gains.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hey guys I also need a little help here .there are soo many kinds of pulleys to choose from like ...obx,ralco,and unorthodox which one of these is the best one for the price and performance and do I need the kit of 3 like the crank,pwr steering and altenator or I can have one or two of them I've being reading this forum but its all mixed some are saying its for show some are saying it does make difference ...any help will be great thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.