Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
*UPDATE -- I finally have closure to my situation with Acura of Woodbine see post #59.*

The TRUE idiocy of Acura of Woodbine

Hey guys,

Just thought I would share my experiences with Acura of Woodbine in Rexdale (this is the dealership where the ‘Show & Shine’ events are held yearly).

Approximately two weeks ago I was in for a transmission service. My automatic transmission began to sound very rough while shifting through gears and since I am at about 88,000 km’s I thought I might as well bring it in to get a transmission service and fluid change done.

I live in the Bovaird and Airport area of Brampton which makes Acura 2000 my local dealership, however after having very poor experiences with their service I decided I would try Acura of Woodbine for a change, boy was I wrong…

I brought the car in at around 12:00pm on Saturday and was reassured that It would be done at approximately 3:00pm I figured it was a busy day. My sister came to pick me up and we went for coffee and lunch. After returning at 2:45pm I checked the garage area and my car still had not made its way into the garage. The service advisor assured me that they were bringing it in now and it would be done quite shortly.

After spending some time sitting and waiting, I finally saw my car enter the garage area so I returned to my seat and began to wait. I got up, walked to garage window to take a peek at what was going on and was astonished to see my Mugen front lip was cracked in more than one place. I immediately entered the garage area looked at the damage and went to talk to one of the service advisors who were at the office. I told him that my front lip had been damaged and was not like that when I brought the vehicle in earlier.

His response was “What do you want me to do about it go talk to your service advisor”.

I thought sure why not… I found my service advisor and told him that my front end had been damaged and it was not like that when I brought it in.

He told me to have a seat and he’ll figure out what’s really going on.

He came back with the first service advisor I talked to and then proceeded to show me that there was no possible way the vehicle could have been damaged. There parking lot in the back is flat and the KM’s had not moved they were exactly what they were when I brought it in earlier, regardless I was 110% positive I was not at fault and they had damaged the lip but it was starting to look like I didn’t have a fighting chance.

I told them to rewind their cameras; they said they didn’t have any.

The service advisor then had the indecency to tell me that, ‘well were having problems putting it on a hoist it’s too low’. I told them that I am aware it’s low and if that was a problem in the first place you should have told me. I have numerous shops that can do it no problem.

He told the mechanic to stop what he was doing. They drove the car around to the garage and literally told me there’s nothing we can do sorry take your car and please leave.

I told them I am not leaving until the matter gets resolved.

Ultimately to cut to the chase one of mechanics confessed and told me the mechanic that was working on my vehicle tried to get it up a service ramp and scraped the bottom end resulting in the damage, he told me that my paint front my skirt was still on that ramp and told me to tell the service advisor that.

I told the service advisor and they told me to come in on Monday for estimates, they finally gave in.

I went home quite upset, spending four + hours in a dealership for nothing, they had not changed my transmission fluid and had damaged my vehicle.

Monday morning I went in first thing and talked to Tony Heron the service manager at Acura of Woodbine. He immediacy took pictures and sent me to HWY 27 Auto collision. There was damage done to both the bumper, the paint had chipped off the bumper and the lip was cracked in numerous places

Passanger side(damage to lip and chip to the paint on bumper)

Drive side cracked

HWY27 Auto collision which is Acura's body shop they outsource their cars to, told me that the estimate to repair would be around $1000 to respray and repair the front bumper. I told them since it was fiberglass, if not repaired properly that it might crack again and told them to get it fixed from Peter with Next-Mod. Peter was willing to respray and replace the lip at a fraction of that price.

They told me they were still considering their options and they will get back to me.

Finally after two days they told me to drop off the car and that they were going to fix it themselves. I thought they were going to use HWY27 Auto repair to fix it.

When I got the car back the front bumper was not re-sprayed, they just used touch up pen to cover all the chips, if anyone has ever used PWP touch-up pen you know how well that works. They had fixed the lip and was freshly painted.

They had wedged up the lip on the passenger side really high to cover the chip in the paint so it was not noticeable, I guess the 'skilled' mechanics used bondo to fill in the cracks instead of fiberglass and when rolling off a steep incline yesterday the front lip slightly scraped and cracked again in almost all the same places.

Acura of Woodbine chooses not to do the repairs the right way but the cheapest way. I read the invoice and the repairs came out to $110 dollars. I am sure this was the cheapest way they could do the repair.

I am still very upset as I am going to have to get the front lip re-in forced properly with fiberglass and resprayed again, also I am going to need to have the bumper resprayed.

Bottom line Acura of Woodbine = FAIL

I am still very upset.

I know this a very long read but thought you guys should know the truth.

Gary.

·
2009 Pearl White TSX 6spd
815 Posts
wow...that is unbelievable....i literally cant believe such poor service is even possible. you have my sympathy man. good luck on the repairs.

·
Not JDM
1,893 Posts
reminder to self, do not go to Acura Woodbine or Acura 2000

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so which acura dealships can deal with lowered cars? and knows what they are doing
Thanks for the comments guys, I am going to get this done myself and the right way, I cant keep wasting time and effort on garbage work, how do you not use fiberglass to repair fiberglass? I dont see how that works?

My buddy worked at Ready Honda in Mississauga, they have a specialized lift for lowered vehicles. I am going to be taking it there.

·
Registered
73 Posts
wow... hope everything works out for you...

I have a similar situation with my car right now. When I bought my tsx (not from woodbine) it had a large scuff mark on the rear bumper. I negotiated the price down and added what I thought was fair $ amount for them to have the bumper fixed. I thought I was going to get A+ body repair done. After I picked up the car looked at it, everything looked great.

Well 3 months later the area that was repaired is now cracking. I went to a bodyshop and was told it was a cheap fix and did not use flex addictive in the paint. I was extremely disappointed and I think all dealerships will handle things in the same manner, fix it in the cheapest way possible.

I talked to the used car manager and he told me he would do the best he can to fix it. He straight up told me the entire bumper will not be repainted and I asked if this will just be a cheap patch job. I got no clear answer from him and still have to schedule a time to go in and let the repair/paint guy see the issue. Right now I am now having doubts about going back because they could make the bumper even worse.

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
good to know... I almost bought my TSX from Woodbine.
Yup, If I were you I would stay away. I thought I was a valued and respected customer, I am starting to think they did a slopy patchy job out of spite even though I respectfully conducted myself when talking to the manager and service advisors.

bottom line if this is the way they handled my situation think about other situations.

Stay AWAY.

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
wow... hope everything works out for you...

I have a similar situation with my car right now. When I bought my tsx (not from woodbine) it had a large scuff mark on the rear bumper. I negotiated the price down and added what I thought was fair $ amount for them to have the bumper fixed. I thought I was going to get A+ body repair done. After I picked up the car looked at it, everything looked great.

Well 3 months later the area that was repaired is now cracking. I went to a bodyshop and was told it was a cheap fix and did not use flex addictive in the paint. I was extremely disappointed and I think all dealerships will handle things in the same manner, fix it in the cheapest way possible.

I talked to the used car manager and he told me he would do the best he can to fix it. He straight up told me the entire bumper will not be repainted and I asked if this will just be a cheap patch job. I got no clear answer from him and still have to schedule a time to go in and let the repair/paint guy see the issue. Right now I am now having doubts about going back because they could make the bumper even worse.
hey, akstsx

Whoa thats sad to hear, as customers we all believe we should be valued enough in the eyes of the dealer, hey we baught a Acura for a reason! Instead its not to common to hear stories like these.

Personally to me its not worth going back, they had the option of doing a quality job the first time and keeping the customer happy and satisfied. Instead they decided to take the cheepest route and I will not let them go near my vehicle again. Even though its sad to say, I rather spend the money myself and take it to a quality assured body shop and have them work on it.

I dont want to run into the same situation again and again. I rather have it done right the first time.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,061 Posts
Wow...I can't believe it ended like this!

A lot of us around here have met Michael and purchased stuff from Acura Woodbine through him over the years. I personally have nothing great things to say about him.

He spent years helping the local Acura/Honda owners through various forums and have built up a good reputaion so I hope this Service Manager's poor decison over your situation will not end up hurting Michael in a long run....

·
Not A MOD3RATOR
4,329 Posts
Gary, I thought Acura Woodbine promised you for the fix which costs $1,100? Why is it 10X less on the receipt??

Bondo will not cut it for such crack, my lip has scraped alot of time unintentionally and they are always in 1 piece, only force will crack it (like head in to a curb @ parking).

·
Registered
972 Posts
I think it would be safe to assume that more than half of the 'stealerships' out there would act in the same manner.

I have some issues with the stealership I purchased my TSX from, and that whole 'Acura Certified User Car' (which is bullsh!t by the way) program, but I'll save that discussion until I'm through with discussions with this particular dealer.

Anyhow - good luck with the repair job.

On a side note, I've had previous cars serviced at Ready Honda. Friendly staff, and usually on-time - but whatever you do, DO NOT let them wash your car after the service/job is done.

·
TSX of the Month Winner
1,458 Posts
wow i've had my lip for almost 1 1/2 years and its fine. get them to repair it - i would actually talk to peter about getting another lip (ask for a replacement) - those cracks will show up once you hit a pothole even if they were repaired with bondo.

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Wow...I can't believe it ended like this!

A lot of us around here have met Michael and purchased stuff from Acura Woodbine through him over the years. I personally have nothing great things to say about him.

He spent years helping the local Acura/Honda owners through various forums and have built up a good reputaion so I hope this Service Manager's poor decison over your situation will not end up hurting Michael in a long run....
Ken, I have nothing bad to say about Michael. I never personally met him I was dealing only with the service advisors and the service manager, Tony.

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gary, I thought Acura Woodbine promised you for the fix which costs $1,100? Why is it 10X less on the receipt??

Bondo will not cut it for such crack, my lip has scraped alot of time unintentionally and they are always in 1 piece, only force will crack it (like head in to a curb @ parking).
It's funny how things work out eh. I dont think I was supposed to see the reciept the mechanic gave it to me by mistake. Anyway if the recepit had the number of the bodyshop that did the repairs I would like to have talked to them.

Yup, even though fiberglass is not the best of materials I understand it wont break unless its put under alot of stress like as you mentioned hitting it head on in a curb, I was rolling out of my driveway and it LIGHTLY scraped which resulted in it cracking... AGAIN.

I might just think about getting a new one, which leads me to my other point below...

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
man i only just saw you put it on the other day. Man thats a load of crap i always take pictures before i put the car at the dealer aka i also avoid the dealer at all cost. the only time i'd go in and pick up parts.
Trust me I have learned my lesson, the hard way again but what can you do. Currently the lip is still on my car and it’s cracked in almost every single place it was before again, this after I told the service manager the material is fiberglass if its not repaired correctly it might crack again. Anyway I know there’s nothing I can do, there probably going to tell me it’s a cheap material and you hit something this time where not going to fix it blab la.

I think it would be safe to assume that more than half of the 'stealerships' out there would act in the same manner.

I have some issues with the stealership I purchased my TSX from, and that whole 'Acura Certified User Car' (which is bullsh!t by the way) program, but I'll save that discussion until I'm through with discussions with this particular dealer.

Anyhow - good luck with the repair job.

On a side note, I've had previous cars serviced at Ready Honda. Friendly staff, and usually on-time - but whatever you do, DO NOT let them wash your car after the service/job is done.
Thanks for the reassurance, I have yet to get my transmission serviced I kind of left it on the back burner with all of the headache going on with my front end.

wow i've had my lip for almost 1 1/2 years and its fine. get them to repair it - i would actually talk to peter about getting another lip (ask for a replacement) - those cracks will show up once you hit a pothole even if they were repaired with bondo.
Hey Micah,

I bet it has more than a dozen light scrape marks underneath also? I am sure that lightly scraping the lip will not cause any damage to it!

This leads me to my last point I talked to Peter, even after referring Jason and yourself to him… he quoted me at $250 for the lip, paint and install is extra. I understand it’s his business he can price products anyway he choices but that’s out of my budget right now.

Which leads me to a feeling of hopelessness. :mecry:

·
, Moderator Emeritus
4,486 Posts
I would complain to Honda Canada. Fire off an email to see what they can do. All they did was a patch fix and of course with bondo would not hold up for very long. They were suppose to repair and repaint or better yet replace and repaint.

You even offered to go somewhere else which was cheaper which they refused. Hopefully Honda Canada can help clear up this mess.

Im definately surprised Acura of Woodbine didnt know how to handle a car like yours since they do sell aftermarket parts and perhaps does get customers with lowered cars for maintenance work.

Good luck

·
GTSX-05PWP
1,613 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I would complain to Honda Canada. Fire off an email to see what they can do. All they did was a patch fix and of course with bondo would not hold up for very long. They were suppose to repair and repaint or better yet replace and repaint.

You even offered to go somewhere else which was cheaper which they refused. Hopefully Honda Canada can help clear up this mess.

Im definately surprised Acura of Woodbine didnt know how to handle a car like yours since they do sell aftermarket parts and perhaps does get customers with lowered cars for maintenance work.

Good luck
Thanks pcdawg,

I am going to send a e-mail over today. I am not sure if the mechanic was new or had never worked on a lowered vehicle before? I was under the same impression since they carry and sell so many aftermarket parts I thought they would have been familar with the operations of putting a lowered vehicle on a hoist.

Anyway I sourced out a used Nextmod front Mugen lip in the GTA. I am going to opt for purchasing that one as it has never cracked or been damged before and get it re-sprayed and fitted at my local body shop.

·
Registered
972 Posts
...I guess the 'skilled' mechanics used bondo to fill in the cracks instead of fiberglass and when rolling off a steep incline yesterday the front lip slightly scraped and cracked again in almost all the same places.

I am still very upset as I am going to have to get the front lip re-in forced properly with fiberglass and resprayed again, also I am going to need to have the bumper resprayed.
Dude, based on the comments about the lip not being properly fixed, painted, and cracking, etc., I sure hope this is not your listing:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-other-2004-2005-Acura-TSX-Mugen-Front-Underspoiler-W0QQAdIdZ86780773

:thumbsdow

1 - 20 of 96 Posts