Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

This past Thursday I became the owner of a 2013 Acura TSX Black Exterior/Interior with silver trimmings. I live in Central Jersey and this is the first car I have purchased on my own (my parents helped me with my first car, I'm 23). Check my profile out for picture. I am really excited about it and after I found this site I became even more ecstatic that I could share my thoughts and ask for advice. I would like to customize it a little (not too much) such as:

Interior lights
Rims (17 inch wheels, should I go to 18?) Also what color rim/lip?
Underbody lights (Is that still okay or is it a NO NO)
Tints
and anything you guys think might look nice.

Please share your comments or advice. It will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
550 Posts
Hello everyone,

This past Thursday I became the owner of a 2013 Acura TSX Black Exterior/Interior with silver trimmings. I live in Central Jersey and this is the first car I have purchased on my own (my parents helped me with my first car, I'm 23). Check my profile out for picture. I am really excited about it and after I found this site I became even more ecstatic that I could share my thoughts and ask for advice. I would like to customize it a little (not too much) such as:

Interior lights
Rims (17 inch wheels, should I go to 18?) Also what color rim/lip?
Underbody lights (Is that still okay or is it a NO NO)
Tints
and anything you guys think might look nice.

Please share your comments or advice. It will be greatly appreciated.

Interior lights: exLEDusa.com these are a bit pricey but we have yet to see any failure. all are custom fit for the tsx and the dome one is actually adjustable brightness.

RIMS: thats up to you,

underbody lights: too rice for me/

tints: i did 20% all around. 3m colorafast.

good luck!

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Interior lights: exLEDusa.com these are a bit pricey but we have yet to see any failure. all are custom fit for the tsx and the dome one is actually adjustable brightness.

good luck!

Thank you good sir for your advice. I was also seeing that there are different films for tints. Do you know what film is best?

And idk about rims yet maybe when i have to change the tires. I was thinking maybe just rear wing and trunk spoiler lip

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

good luck!
Welcome aboard!!
Thank you!

·
Registered
550 Posts
like i posted.....for me 3M colorfast was fine.
On my wagon i think I paid $200 for all windows......heck there are like 20 of them LOL

there are cheaper ones.....there are more expensive.......colorfast seemed like a good compromise.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
like i posted.....for me 3M colorfast was fine.
On my wagon i think I paid $200 for all windows......heck there are like 20 of them LOL

there are cheaper ones.....there are more expensive.......colorfast seemed like a good compromise.
Oh ok could you tell me what the difference is sorry it's my first car and I've never been much into the car mods. Like what's the good kind of tint and what tint film should I absolutely not get

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
Waiting to see pics,but brilliant choice of car.

I would keep the standard rims,they suit the car perfectly and are big enough at 17 inches.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello everyone,

Some progress pictures. Slowly but surely. I put in Blue LED Interior Lights and did 15% tints all around.

Coming this Wednesday:

6000k HID headlights
6000k HID Fog Lights
Rear Roof Spoiler
Trunk Spoiler Lip
White LED License Plate Lights

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Installed my headlights and fog lights. Rear Wing spoiler and Trunk spoiler lip will be next along with LED license plates (crystal white)

Sorry for the low quality pics, taken with phone:

Spoilers painted:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts