Acura TSX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i was thinking upgrade my oem brake lines to stoptech lines. searched and found some good price at optionsauto.com. 120 for front and rear. should i replace all 4 or just the front? need some direction. Thanks!:laugh:

has anyone upgraded to SS and the improvement?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I Have a 2008 and I replaced all 4 of my lines and the brake fluid after 2 years and it was a noticeable improvement. I believe I used Goodyear brand lines but the choice of brand shouldn't matter much.

I would say that if you're going to replace your lines you might as well do all 4 so that you have a consistent feel all around. Just be sure to also flush the fluid while you are at it. I used oem brake fluid.

It's definitely a worthwhile upgrade to do.

·
Premium Member
2,460 Posts
^+1 definitely a worthwhile upgrade

·
, Chief SuperModerator, Marketplace
5,412 Posts
slightly stiffer brake pedal feel and durability.

To understand why the brake pedal is stiffer, the OEM lines are rubber so it'll flex or bubble a slight bit. with SS lines, there's less give so it won't flex as much.

To understand what i mean by durability, imagine you're driving down the road and somehow you run over a tree branch and the branch punctures a hole in the OEM rubber brake line. Brake fluid then starts leaking out and eventually you're left stranded. Mind you, you'd have to be pretty unlucky for the brake line to get punctured, but you never know. for 120 front and back, it's your call if it is worth it. I'd say do it.

·
Somaek juseyo?
1,291 Posts
I heard that the rubber was meant to flex tho? I changed my '94 Accord out with SS lines and to me, it wasn't worth it. It was a mess changing them out, then bleeding everything. The difference was hardly noticeable. If you have a driveway, I guess it's no big deal.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Lines alone will do nothing for actual stopping of the car, they may just firm up the feel as mentioned above. Making the car stop better will depend on tires first, then pads, etc. better fluid will make more of a difference.

Stan

1 - 7 of 7 Posts